What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kind of leery to update my iOS to the new iOS 7.1

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to update my 3 Apple devices (new iPad Air, iPad Mini and another device not covered in this forum) but am a bit leery. I am concerned that some kind of bug will be discovered and it will have to be worked around with for months until Apple releases another update (ie my crashing to the home screen in Safari, photos and email). I have Googled and checked this forum, but have not seen anything reported, or anything where the person said they have run the device through the mill testing. For instance, asking my husband would really do no good since he doesn't use his mini as much as I use my Air or other device.

Is there anyone here who has updated and since the update has run their device(s) through the mill and not had an issue? If you have had an issue, what was it and was it a major issue? Also, have you had any dumping to the home screen before and then since the update to 7.1?

Thanks a bunch. I get booted to the home screen a lot and am getting tired of it, but don't want to exchange that for a more troublesome bug.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air and a mini, both updated to 7.1.
I didn't have problems with crashing on both devices, before the update, and don't have any since the last update. I use both devices equally.

OP
C

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both very much! I will do the update on my Air and if that is good, on the other two devices.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated my Air to 7.1 yesterday and now my Calendar shows All Holidays twice! Can't delete either since they're ReadOnly!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated my Air to 7.1 yesterday and now my Calendar shows All Holidays twice! Can't delete either since they're ReadOnly! Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
You can disable one of them in the Calendar app: tap "Calendar" (bottom, middle), which will show all your calendars. Tapping a calendar that is check marked will disable it and remove the check mark. This means it won't be shown in the app.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can disable one of them in the Calendar app: tap "Calendar" (bottom, middle), which will show all your calendars. Tapping a calendar that is check marked will disable it and remove the check mark. This means it won't be shown in the app.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.
OK now

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts