What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just found bugs in 7.1 on iPad 2.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update on my current state.

So my iPad heats up quickly again. I have no idea how to fix that. But my games no longer lags when multitasking. I deleted a game from my iPad and my games no lnger lags when multitasking. But one of my games: Asphalt 8 lags while I am playing. It only lags a few times though. On safari it stull freezes sometimes. In fact it also freezes on my apps and games that uses wi-fi. On FB, when I recieve a notification, specifically a comment it won't show up. I closed the app, I deleted the app, I soft/hard reseted. But that happens still.

So right now iOS 7.1 is causing my connectivity problems, lag, faster heating, and freezing on my iPad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update on my current state. So my iPad heats up quickly again. I have no idea how to fix that. But my games no longer lags when multitasking. I deleted a game from my iPad and my games no lnger lags when multitasking. But one of my games: Asphalt 8 lags while I am playing. It only lags a few times though. On safari it stull freezes sometimes. In fact it also freezes on my apps and games that uses wi-fi. On FB, when I recieve a notification, specifically a comment it won't show up. I closed the app, I deleted the app, I soft/hard reseted. But that happens still. So right now iOS 7.1 is causing my connectivity problems, lag, faster heating, and freezing on my iPad.

Seems like an issue with 7.1 on the iPad 2 more than anything else. Asphalt 8 is a current, graphically intense game that is also probably pushing the hardware of the iPad 2 to its limits. The 7.1 upgrade must have pushed it a little further into its max usability range. Just a thought. My daughters have second generation iPads and play lots of games without complaints but the games they play may not be as demanding. As for the heat build up... That's not good. Heat is the #1 enemy of electronic devices. That's new with the latest OS update for you?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems like an issue with 7.1 on the iPad 2 more than anything else. Asphalt 8 is a current, graphically intense game that is also probably pushing the hardware of the iPad 2 to its limits. The 7.1 upgrade must have pushed it a little further into its max usability range. Just a thought. My daughters have second generation iPads and play lots of games without complaints but the games they play may not be as demanding. As for the heat build up... That's not good. Heat is the #1 enemy of electronic devices. That's new with the latest OS update for you?

Yes new. I really play alot of games as my iPad is my main, favorite (and only) gaming device. It only gets hot when I am playing my games. It then cools off after. My iPad never lagged when playing games. I never had problems since iOS 7.1. It never reaches that point ever in my use of my iPad. I never had any lag on my games until 7.1 came. I also do a lot of FBing and surfing the net, but it seems that wi-fi has soowed down. Downloading is fine. Safari and other apps and games that uses wi-fi freezes. It would not even download data well. I only have 5 apps and games downloaded in my iPad. I barely have amy uses for my stock apps except for safari, notes, music, and clock. I only have 1 book in iBooks, maybe adding more after I finish this one. I do use my iPad all day though. But I don't multitask. I force close the game/app right after using it.

I don't think anyone is affected. No one I know ever complainted about this. Nothing in the internet. So I think its only my iPad.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 3 has performance problems like many posters here, never had this issue with ios6, wish I still had it like I do on my phone, miss the buttery smooth scrolling experience. Hate the freezes and lags of iOS 7.1

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 3 has performance problems like many posters here, never had this issue with ios6, wish I still had it like I do on my phone, miss the buttery smooth scrolling experience. Hate the freezes and lags of iOS 7.1

You have it too?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is becoming frustrating. Basically splitting keyboards on CoC lag came back. It doesn't happen on other apps so I guess its a bug on CoC. Multitasking lag hasn't happened for the last 24 hours. But safari, and other apps still freezes occasionally. And on FB some recent comments won't show up. Maybe its a bug on the app itself or its connectivity problems with iOS 7.1. But my iPad still gets hotter faster.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is becoming frustrating. Basically splitting keyboards on CoC lag came back. It doesn't happen on other apps so I guess its a bug on CoC. Multitasking lag hasn't happened for the last 24 hours. But safari, and other apps still freezes occasionally. And on FB some recent comments won't show up. Maybe its a bug on the app itself or its connectivity problems with iOS 7.1. But my iPad still gets hotter faster.

I have the lag with Safari too, CoC seems fine for me, so its not a bug with the game. I don't know about FB.

Most reactions