What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kind of annoyed with Apple...

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with them being very unhelpful? I'm just trying to answer the security questions that I know i didn't implement and I'm getting the run-around in changing them! Agh!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
This may help. Go here:

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Click on the “Manage your Account" and log-in. Select "Password and Security". Click “Send reset security info email to (your email).”
If it works the way it's supposed to, Apple should send you an email telling you how to reset your Apple ID security questions and answers.

Let us know what happens.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did that yesterday to no avail :( i only get asked those infernal security questions.

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I did that yesterday to no avail :( i only get asked those infernal security questions.

I don't know where you are based. This is the Apple Canada site for managing your account....

http://store.apple.com/ca/account/home

However, I just tried it and they wanted me to answer the pre-set questions so it won't help you.

Edit: At first the link AA sent did not load for me, which is why I sent this other one, however I just tried AA's link again and could change my pass word without answering pre-set questions.

Last edited:
OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't want to change my password. I want to purchase apps, but I can because of the security questions I don't have the answers to.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure from your post. Did you contact Apple directly and get the run around?

I know there was an issue with sometime last year with their reset password (and security questions). Someone managed to use a combination of different companies (including Apples) procedures to commit identity theft (or something similar).

Apple's been a bit skittish since.

Unfortunately, once the serves have decided you need to answer the security questions, they get really insistent on the issue. In my experience, the security question issue could only be solved/answered from my computer. Every attempt to answer the questions on the iPad, when prompted, failed. Instead I had to go to my account in iTunes on the computer, or access my account via the Apple support site. I forget which worked.

At any rate, keep pushing the iTunes support buttons. Politely, but firmly, insist on a resolution. They have every reason to solve this. After all, how else are they going to get your money?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A recommendation.

When you finally do have answers for your security questions, put them in a secure password app, just like you would for a password. It can be a very long time before you need those answers, and what seems obvious now might not be so obvious two or three years down the road.

Good luck getting it straightened out.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I wish that Apple hadn't been so paranoid as to give me security questions I can't answer.

It seems hard to believe that Apple setup your security questions without your permission. I've never seen or heard of that happening but I'm a relative newcomer to Apple.

I could totally believe you just forgot doing it.

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't recall doing it at all. Plus, one of the questions isn't even relevant to me as I don't have a car.

Most reactions