What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help!

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in the process of installing an app for my dad on his iPad and it asked me for answers to security questions. He's had his iPad for almost a year. I've downloaded apps on his iPad before and this is the first time it's asked for answers to security question. I didn't even know that the iPad had security questions. I certainly have never seen that with my iPad.

If someone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had to do this also. I imagine every one will. The more secure the better!

Sent from Latveria

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in the process of installing an app for my dad on his iPad and it asked me for answers to security questions. He's had his iPad for almost a year. I've downloaded apps on his iPad before and this is the first time it's asked for answers to security question. I didn't even know that the iPad had security questions. I certainly have never seen that with my iPad.

If someone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Were they questions that were set up in the past? It has been forever since I set up my iTunes account I do not remember if they had that then.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Were they questions that were set up in the past? It has been forever since I set up my iTunes account I do not remember if they had that then.

I don't know. This was my father's iPad. Someone else set it up for him. I can tell you that I've never seen those questions when I set up my iPad.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On iTunes they have security questions. If there is any doubt, they ask the security questions. It could be a lot of things. If someone tried to long into the account and did not type the proper password in within a set number of tries, it will default to the security questions. No one can log into the account until the security question is answered.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI, I was able to set up the security questions and answers for my dad. Here's what to do if/when you need to do this...let's say for example that you're downloading app.

1. Instead of starting the downloading process, it will give you the attached prompt.

2. Once there, tap "Security Info".

3. From there, you'll go to a selection of questions. You choose three questions.You'll choose them one at a time and their respective answers.

Once that's done, you'll put in your Apple I.D. to get the app that you wanted earlier. Then you're done.

Attachments

• image-1084856217.jpg
    image-1084856217.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 257

Most reactions