What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keypad

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my keyboard frequently and these days it seems worn out. Is that possible for a keyboard that is flat on the screen. It seems to miss letters a lot, and my I and 8 seem to be interchangeable. Just wondering.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think of the built in keyboard:
When you don’t press the letters but slide downwards slightly, you get the number instead of the letter. That’s a feature.
7E36BD05-5401-4861-8F13-FEF4ECF2589A.jpeg

I don’t think a keyboard can “wear out”. I’m also using mine quite a lot, and haven’t had problems with it, except that I’m hitting wrong letters sometimes (i instead of u, b instead of v) - but that’s me missing the right letters, not the keyboard.

There could be a problem with your screen, though.
Try restarting your iPad.
Here’s what else to try:
If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I knew about out the dragging down feature. I seldom use it because I don’t care for it. The missing letter thing Is there is actually a space for where the letter should be. Who knows.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I’ve done the restart. This isn’t a new problem, just one that is becoming more bothersome. I have an external keyboard but I never use. Too limiting. And just to complete my day the alert for text message on my new iphone is not working. Not a good apple day. Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I knew about out the dragging down feature. I seldom use it because I don’t care for it. The missing letter thing Is there is actually a space for where the letter should be. Who knows.

A missing space. That’s very strange. I agree with Johanna, if restarting the iPad does not fix it then a talk with Apple Support might be due. You may end up having to reset the iPad.

Out of curiosity, could you provide a screenshot of the keyboard with missing letters?

Last edited:
OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the response. The keyboard itself isn’t missing letters. When I am typing at times the letter is omitted in the written response even if I had tapped that key,

Most reactions

Latest posts