What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Issue

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was messing around with my keyboard and found that if I place both thumbs on the keyboard and "split" the keyboard apart it becomes an ergonomic keyboard!! I didn't know that!! Anyway, while performing this little tricky move I moved the keyboard back to its original position with one exception...the keyboard moved "up" about a quarter of the way and I can't get it back down to the bottom where it belongs!! Call me weird, but wasn't the keyboard positioned at the bottom of the screen??

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold the button at the bottom right of the keyboard and select Dock and it will return to its normal position.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold the button at the bottom right of the keyboard and select Dock and it will return to its normal position.

Thank you Kevin! Now I feel completely stupid!! LOL

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even more stupid!!! How do I even split keyboard??? Is it IOS dependent??? o_O

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even more stupid!!! How do I even split keyboard??? Is it IOS dependent??? o_O

Yes. The feature was introduced with, I think, iOS 5. I'd you are running with an earlier OS it is not possible.

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. The feature was introduced with, I think, iOS 5. I'd you are running with an earlier OS it is not possible.

Thanks for the heads up!
Mine in running on iOS 4.3.3. Never bothered updrading it. I didn't want to redo jailbreak and reinstall all the tweaks all over again...
:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!
Mine in running on iOS 4.3.3. Never bothered updrading it. I didn't want to redo jailbreak and reinstall all the tweaks all over again...
:)

Unfortunately, you couldn't upgrade to a jailbreakable iOS, even if you wanted to. The only iOS available to update to, at this time, it iOS 6.1.3.

Most reactions

Latest posts