What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 keyobard issue

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a real problem with moving my split (or unsplit) keyboard. It's very stubborn and insists on positioning itself in the middle of the screen. I like having the two parts in the bottom corners of the iPad. I had it that way last night but now...no.

Also I wish there was a way to resize the split keyboards. Even on landscape mode, the keys are small and I'm a guy with average hands. I'm making lots of errant key presses.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-1600295680.png
    image-1600295680.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 253

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you press and hold the "Hide Keyboard" key in the lower right of the keyboard, it will bring up some options for Undocked and Split. I found this by accident noticing the little bumps on the key.

blueyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with the keyboard since the update to IOS5 ... It now freezes on the ipad2 .. When you are typing then come out of keyboard, notice that you want to amend something that you have written or just carry on writing and it just like locks and won't let you do anything! So then have to close keyboard and open again and then it works.. Anyone else having this problem? It's really frustrating... Thanks

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a real problem with moving my split (or unsplit) keyboard. It's very stubborn and insists on positioning itself in the middle of the screen. I like having the two parts in the bottom corners of the iPad. I had it that way last night but now...no.

I do not know how to resize. But, instead of using the keyboard key to split it, just swipe it apart with two fingers and it will be docked lower on the screen than using the button.

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Split the keyboard with 2 fingers swipe, then hold the keyboard tab down, you can reposition the keyboard. (only on 2 finger swipe), it works

I do not know how to resize. But, instead of using the keyboard key to split it, just swipe it apart with two fingers and it will be docked lower on the screen than using the button.

Most reactions

Latest posts