What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Folios - What's the thinnest, reliable, low value, & aesthetically pleasing?

Ejeaglesct

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've put together a list of four that I've found out of the many available out there and I'm looking for feedback as to the best.
  • Adonit - Writer Plus
  • Zagg - Zaggfolio
  • Clamcase - iPad Case
  • Logitech - Ultrathin
I'm very mobile, often using this on the shuttle to & from work. I currently have a iLuv neoprene case, which is awesome!, that I would like this keyboard to fit into.

I've played around with the Zaggfolio and was somewhat impressed, although it's still rather thick and has a really odd angle when it's closed, which as a OCD engineer bothers me but probably is fine for anyone else. I've owned Zagg products (including screen protectors) and was semi impressed with most of their products.

I've used logitech products and have always been satisfied with the quality, I've only had a few bugs with their wireless keypad.

So there's my little tidbit, I leave the expertise to those who know best about accessories for the iPad, the users themselves!

I'm currently using an iPad 2 & would like to purchase the keyboard in the next few weeks. I already own the apple wireless keyboard.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you want the thinnest if the key travel is so small that it doesn't feel like typing? And what goes it pleasing to the eye if it doesn't function well as a keyboard?

I'm curious about these as well and I own a logitech BT keyboard. As a keyboard, I think it likely beats all of these (as is probably true of your Apple)...because these kbs that force all the keys into the space of an ipad offer a severe compromise. I would suggest buying from Amazon and returning it if you don't like it...best to be out of the shipping charge than to be stuck with a $100 or so kb that you won't use.

rickhutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the Zaggfolio for my Ipad. At first the keyboard seemed a little cramped. My hands and fingers were tense trying to stay compact to type directly over the keys. After several minutes I got accustomed to the keyboard and don't really think about it anymore. I agree, the keyboard has just as good a feel as an apple keyboard. Great design.

andreykond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Zaggfolio is still the best although it is not the thinnest. First of all, the layout and tactile feeling on the keyboard is very good. Most other competitors lack of it. I find their leather models very eye-pleasing. The price tag is high unfortunately. Get more info here.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno about the others, I have the Adonit Witer Plus. It's really nice.

AuntyPode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the Zagg Folio for just over a year and it's been mostly pretty good (although their support sucks). As a concept it is fantastic for a traveller like me, giving excellent protection and convenience, and the keyboard battery goes literally months without a recharge. I think the execution of the design has annoying but minor flaws (mostly to do with the rubber seal around the case itself) but if you can put up with them it's a useful device.

Mark1478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience with the Logitech so far is... It's ok. I have big fingers and the keys seem to be more cramped in than the the zagg as far ad I can see when comparing it visually at best buy. Also it has a very small delete key so when typing quickly during lectures you often miss this key and hits something else. I'd love to try the zagg out but the lack of the magnetic connection when docked with the ipad may be a deal breaker for me. I'm dying to try the brydge, but a lot of money to shell out for something I may not like either.

Most reactions