What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard clicks

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to IOS8 yesterday and have lost my keyboard clicks. I have checked in settings and it is switched on. Checked my private settings in Safari, reset by pressing home and on/off button but nothing has worked. Has anyone any ideas please. As far as the upgrade is concerned I hope it settles down. Silly things really like I open more than one page in Safari, close that down and my original page then had to reload.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you muted them. Look at the Side Switch next to the Volume buttons. If you see something red next to it, put it to the other side to cover the sred part, then try the keyboard again.

If this doesn't help, look at your Control Center. If you see a circle with a bell there, and the button is white, tap it once. It will turn grey, and hopefully the keyboard clicks are back again.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you muted them. Look at the Side Switch next to the Volume buttons. If you see something red next to it, put it to the other side to cover the sred part, then try the keyboard again.

If this doesn't help, look at your Control Center. If you see a circle with a bell there, and the button is white, tap it once. It will turn grey, and hopefully the keyboard clicks are back again.
Nope that hasn't worked either, had already tried them. I have no sounds now ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe sounds are muted by the Volume buttons. Did you try these as well?

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided to restart yet again. I could have dropped, all of a sudden over 500 emails downloaded again all ones I had seen before grrrr and my sounds started working again, what's that all about ????? Lol

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Things that can happen after an update, unfortunately.

Did you update over the air, or using iTunes? If it wasn't the latter, restore your iPad using iTunes. If there are too many problems after an update OTA, this will most likely solve them.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things that can happen after an update, unfortunately.

Did you update over the air, or using iTunes? If it wasn't the latter, restore your iPad using iTunes. If there are too many problems after an update OTA, this will most likely solve them.
I didn't know to update via iTunes and don't have a clue to even start to know what to do

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's how to update using iTunes (the part below): https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

As you've already updated, you should restore your iPad using iTunes, if more problems occur: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

To solve the problem with your email account, you can mark them as read in the Mail app, or remove the account from your device and install it again. This resolves most email problems.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you've already updated, you should restore your iPad using iTunes, if more problems occur: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Do you mean connect my Ipad to my laptop, open itunes and it will tell me how to do it. As I have already updated will it overwrite it or something like that. You say 'restore your iPad using iTunes. Have I understood it correctly. Sorry if I sound so thick. I dont have a clue what I am doing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem.

That's what I mean. Connect your iPad to your computer, back it up and restore it following the directions in my link, afterwards you can restore from the backup you made before. Restoring will erase everything that was on your iPad before, so if you don't use your backup, you'll start with a "new" iPad.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for being so helpful but I don't even know how to 'back it up' never remind restore etc.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To back it up:

Make sure iTunes on your computer is up to date. You can see this in iTunes (computer) in Help - Check for updates. If an update is available, then download and install it.

If it is up to date, then connect your iPad to the computer. In iTunes (computer), select File - Devices - Backup. On the following page choose "Backup now".

This is how it works on a Windows computer. On a Mac, it's slightly different.

After backing up, restore it:
Again in iTunes, select your iPad, and choose "Restore iPad".

Most reactions

Latest posts