What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard problems safari

Gorillag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an issue with the pop up keyboard in safari on the Google home page. When I tap the search field the keyboard pops up and then immediately pops down again before you can type anything. It only seems to happen on that page.

I have jail broken my iPad but this has only recently happened. I have powered on and off, close the app etc?

Any ideas? I don't want to reset as I use xbmc to watch full hd videos streamed over wireless so need to keep it jail broken.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you waiting until the page has fully loaded? I ask because my keyboard doesn't stay up until a page has fully loaded (Amazon is really bad about this slow loading problem...).

Alternatively, what if you don't go to Google itself, but use the search bar instead? You can make Google the search engine for Safari in the Settings app.

Other than that, I've got nothing (since you said you've already tried a reboot). Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
G

Gorillag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ok sorted it I changed the settings in igoogle and it sorted it.

Most reactions

Latest posts