What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered new ipad 2!

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here. Im a stay at home mom from michigan. I have tried to find a new ipad, searched long and hard in my area and ended up having to order my new ipad 2 from apple with the long 4-5 week shipping time. Im a little disappointed but willing to wait since my birthday isnt until early May anyways! A salesman at my local verizon store told me today if I ordered with them I would get it faster (3-4 weeks) wonder if thats possible or is he pulling my leg? Best buy over here wont take orders anymore..none at walmart and when I asked the target employees they just laughed at me. Short of lining up at my apple store ( I might give it a try tomorrow morning but giving the fact that i have to get my daughter to school first and cant get there till 8:30am...they are selling at 9am) I doubt I will get one there either.

I was reading today about parts for ipads coming from another supplier since Japan is in such trouble. They were saying shipping would be delayed for a few weeks and then there might be a complete halt. There would just be no more to ship. I dont know if this will indeed happen but it did stop and make me think how crazy I am to be worrying if I will get one when people over there are in such trouble.

SO...nice to meet you all. I HOPE to get a new Ipad 2 soon! Well if not soon but in 4-5 weeks! annette

kidnice15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice to meet you :), I just got my original Ipad in January, so there was no need for me to get the iPad 2. Even though with all the hype around it, I am a little jealous of all the ipad 2 users :).. either way, you will have a blast with it.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I went to my local apple store this morning as they got an order in and were selling as of 9am. no luck. About 40 people in line... thankfully the apple employee came and told us there would be no 32 G or 64G wifi & 3G models today so I got out of line. At least I dont feel like I wasted my time...wasted gas though!! They are letting people in line buy 2 at a time so basically only the first few in line will get one. SO....Im back to waiting on my apple order....4-5 weeks...ugh. annette

Most reactions