What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered my car mount...

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx just dropped a package. It's finally here. Looks good, suits well for iPad and quality is nice as well.

Only installation needs to be done.

Couple photos:

Picasa Web Albums - Vmatti - RAM Mount for...

Wow, thanks for the pictures. Mine is the locking mount, so I will still post pictures of mine later today. I guess your mount shipped earlier than mine, and that is why your mount arrived in Finland on the same day that mine will arrive in Tennessee. How many days did it take to ship from Washington to Finand?

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx just dropped a package. It's finally here. Looks good, suits well for iPad and quality is nice as well.

Couple photos:

I guess your mount shipped earlier than mine, and that is why your mount arrived in Finland on the same day that mine will arrive in Tennessee. How many days did it take to ship from Washington to Finand?

It was shipped on Friday 3rd Sep. One day was missed due to custom clearance during weekend, so not too bad I would say.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Couple photos:

I guess your mount shipped earlier than mine, and that is why your mount arrived in Finland on the same day that mine will arrive in Tennessee. How many days did it take to ship from Washington to Finand?

It was shipped on Friday 3rd Sep. One day was missed due to custom clearance during weekend, so not too bad I would say.

Wow! How much did you pay for shipping? I only paid $10 for the standard shipping. Mine shipped on August 31 (last Tuesday) and it will be delivered today. Seven days for mine to go 2400 miles. Four days for yours to go 4800 miles. It doesn't seem fair.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Ram-Mount had these hi-rez images.

7ipad.jpg

5lipad.jpg

That is the one I got with these arms...

RAM-B-138U.jpg

RAM-B-166U-C.jpg

With this magnetic base...

RAP339U.JPG

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow! How much did you pay for shipping? I only paid $10 for the standard shipping. Mine shipped on August 31 (last Tuesday) and it will be delivered today. Seven days for mine to go 2400 miles. Four days for yours to go 4800 miles. It doesn't seem fair.

$45, quite expensive but life is :mad:

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score

$45, quite expensive but life is :mad:

Ok, I don't feel so bad then...

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine today. The magnets I placed under my cup holders were not strong enough. I had to remove them from under my cup holders and mount them inside the cup holders. The stand holds very tight and looks great. I will post pictures tomorrow. Ram-Mount sure knows how to make a quality product!

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I took some pictures. This mount is definitely, by far, my favorite accessory for the iPad. Now, if someone would just release a decent navigation program for the iPad, life would be perfect.

DSC_0153s.jpg

DSC_0154s.jpg

DSC_0158s.jpg

DSC_0169s.jpg

DSC_0170s.jpg

DSC_0175s.jpg

DSC_0180s.jpg

DSC_0181s.jpg

DSC_0182s.jpg

DSC_0183s.jpg

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, it looks really nice.
Somehow in my photo iPad looks so big meaning that my Audi is so small compared to your nice Ford :)

Yes, I agree that good and reasonable priced navigation app is just now missing. Any proposals?

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, your car makes your iPad look huge! ;-) TomTom would be great...Garmin would be nice...Magellan would work...

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been using a cheap iPad mount since my first Wi-Fi model.
Many iPad mouns out there has to be mounted high up and block's my filed of veiw that I not a good thing.
When i bought my mount there was only 2 or 3 mounts out on the market, still today I have not got any new, still works fine and cost a fraction of many other mounts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZWG7lP_gk"]YouTube - Another iPad Wi-Fi 3G 64 GB In the car video[/ame]

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts