What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered a car mount from PadHoldr

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AAD,

A nice product, I purchased one for my FJ Cruiser. If I could make a couple suggestions.

Perhaps a way to stiffen the adapter bracket, I know sometimes clearances are tight, but because of the thickness of the steel, my unit wobbled all over the place.

Another idea might be some type of "quick disconnect" from the vehicle adapter bracket when you want to quickly remove the unit. I sold my FJ, and bought a 2010 Chev Avalanche, but have not checked to see if you have an adapter for this vehicle.

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The problem you had with the Padholdr being a little loose on the dash is because you need to have the Padholdr placed firmly against the dash. You might have got one of the first units where the instructions don't clarify to install a rubber bump on to the back of the Padholdr and press it firmly against the dash and tighten.

PM me if you want the Avalanche bracket, I will send it to you at no charge.

Thanks
Jim

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to listen to Tech related Podcasts and Pandora on the way to and from work, I also plan to use it for navigation when needed (I have a 3G iPad). It also swivels towards the passenger so they can watch a movie if they want.

I tried the Google earth and with 3G, it did not keep up with the car location as quick as say TomTom. It did not zoom in when slowing down, or zoom out when speeding at 55.

If you use something else, it might be better.

Most reactions