What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered a car mount from PadHoldr

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can it be shipped to the uk? Also just checked your website. Some hilarious stuff on there

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked. I've got a vauxhall and it's not on their list. Someone will do one. Downside is having to control it left handed with a right hand drive car. I'll just have to teach the wife to use it from the passenger seat

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Sorry for the dark photos. I drove the truck today and my wife took these photos of it with her iPad at home. I'll try and get some photos with a flash soon.

I didn't use the mount that came with the holder as I wanted to mount it in a different place so I just mounted it directly to my lower dash.

iPadHolder-Front.jpg

iPadHolder-Side.jpg

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Just checked. I've got a vauxhall and it's not on their list. Someone will do one. Downside is having to control it left handed with a right hand drive car. I'll just have to teach the wife to use it from the passenger seat

Shoot them an email. They offer a universal mount. I didn't even use a mount with mine.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Just got a PM asking about my stereo.

Head unit is a Kenwood ddx512
Amps: Two Elemental Designs Nine.1's
Subs: Two Elemental Designs O-Series v.2 190v.2
Sub Box: Custom built (by me) All acrylic 3/8' thick.
Still working on the front speakers.
Currently I'm pushing about 1,800 Watts RMS.

Yes, it's a smart car and yes it is loud. :D

I am building the car for shows. I don't crank it driving down the road. Nothing pisses me off more than having to hear someone else's music when I am sitting at a stoplight. :)

Attachments

• 5084_118276902641_732152641_3037153_2725316_n.jpg
    5084_118276902641_732152641_3037153_2725316_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 5084_118276912641_732152641_3037154_7180859_n.jpg
    5084_118276912641_732152641_3037154_7180859_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A guy who makes fun of Corvette owners but drives a Smart Car and modifies it for shows. As if that car isn't slow enough as it is, you put a bunch of stereo equipment in it? What does it go? 0-60 in 45 seconds?

And you make fun of a member for having his user name as a C4, the same from another forum, and yet here you are bragging about your stereo equipment in a smart car? Seriously? Respond to the PM, no need to brag about your stereo equipment here.

By the way it's loud not because you picked the best stereo equipment on earth, but because the car itself is about the size of a sub enclosure itself.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
A guy who makes fun of Corvette owners but drives a Smart Car and modifies it for shows. As if that car isn't slow enough as it is, you put a bunch of stereo equipment in it? What does it go? 0-60 in 45 seconds?

And you make fun of a member for having his user name as a C4, the same from another forum, and yet here you are bragging about your stereo equipment in a smart car? Seriously? Respond to the PM, no need to brag about your stereo equipment here.

I guess you missed the part where I said I was asked about it and that I am building the car for shows. Here is my current car The Fallen Heroes Car My wife and I are building the Smart as a tribute to (and to raise money for) the troops as well. So far we have raised over $300,000 for different troop related charities over the past 3 years. We do not accept a dime in donations for ourselves and pay 100% of our travel expenses and vehicle modification expenses ourselves. Unlike the loudmouth / big ego corvette owners that I've complained about here on the forum, my wife and I do something good with our vehicles.

Now, don't you feel like an ass? :D

Attachments

• 131751903_wXYdz-O.jpg
    131751903_wXYdz-O.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, not at all. We raise over 100k a year for St. Judes just through the Corvette Forum with no stipulations there either. People that do the "fun runs" and whatnot also do not get reimbursed. There are also other charities.

And like I said, someone asked, so respond to the PM. Bragging about your car stereo in your Smart Car is no different than the Corvette Owners that you so broadly paint as all assholes.

Also, like yourself, 99.99% of the Corvette owners on Corvette Forums are also very pro-support the troops.

I'm not saying you're a douchebag or something, I'm just saying that you make them all out to be douchebags but they aren't really much different from you at all.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
No, not at all. We raise over 100k a year for St. Judes just through the Corvette Forum with no stipulations there either. People that do the "fun runs" and whatnot also do not get reimbursed. There are also other charities.

And like I said, someone asked, so respond to the PM. Bragging about your car stereo in your Smart Car is no different than the Corvette Owners that you so broadly paint as all assholes.

Also, like yourself, 99.99% of the Corvette owners on Corvette Forums are also very pro-support the troops.

I'm not saying you're a douchebag or something, I'm just saying that you make them all out to be douchebags but they aren't really much different from you at all.

Where did I say that all Corvette owners are douchebags? I've never said that, in fact I stated that I am a former owner myself. What I said was that I got tired of the Corvette scene because the majority of the owners were not Corvette owners because of the car itself, but because of how they look in the car. Being a former Vette owner you night not want to admit it in public, but you know it's the truth.

Me on the other hand, yes I love to brag about the Fallen Heroes Car and any of my other cars. Why? Because I love the car for the car, not because of how I look in the car. BIG difference.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
By the way it's loud not because you picked the best stereo equipment on earth, but because the car itself is about the size of a sub enclosure itself.

P.S. No, Elemental Designs does not make the best Stereo Equipment on earth. There you go trying to put words in my mouth again. (shame on you). But they DO make high quality equipment. And 1,800 Watts RMS would be loud in ANY car, it just so happens that I have them in a Smart car. :p

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey nice set up! Looking good. But seriously guys... Chill out :X and get back on topic?

Most reactions

Latest posts