What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just installed a new holder for my ipad in my car

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed a padholdr.com kit in my Range Rover. It is much smaller than the first ipad mount I made myself and looks much cleaner. I bought the new 3g ipad and the navigation works great! I also now have a traffic app that even shows highway cameras. The audio syncs up to my car via bluetooth.

PadHoldr - Car Accessory That fits the iPad

auto1.jpg

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
I just installed a padholdr.com kit in my Range Rover. It is much smaller than the first ipad mount I made myself and looks much cleaner.…
Yikes, this one is smaller than your previous one?? 'Cause that puppy looks kinda, plus size, if you know what I mean. It seems well made from the pictures but it looks like it's designed to hold a 15 pound iPad, rather than just 1.5 pounds.

Can it rotate to portrait orientation if you want it to?

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed a padholdr.com kit in my Range Rover. It is much smaller than the first ipad mount I made myself and looks much cleaner. I bought the new 3g ipad and the navigation works great! I also now have a traffic app that even shows highway cameras. The audio syncs up to my car via bluetooth.

PadHoldr - Car Accessory That fits the iPad

View attachment 200

To be honest, I don't like it at all. Way too bulky and thick. It detracts from the elegance of the pad.

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still not seeing the ipod as a car entertainment system, unless it's professionally installed. Good work but not feeling it. Looks weird actually. an ipod touch on the other hand...

Snagtooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At $200, I'd have to say pass and that's coming from someone with the disposable income to afford it (no posing intended, just saying). But wow, that seems like an extreme price - could buy a lot of apps with that.

I hope the ModulR mount comes in at a much more reasonable price or I can not see justifying it either. I love my ipad 3G, but if I am being honest with myself even it was overpriced.

I love the concept though - my goal is to play video's on the pad using the ModulR head rest mount assuming it's priced reasonably. Guess we'll see.

Different strokes for different folks.

Most reactions