What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered a car mount from PadHoldr

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
It should arrive next week. I'll post some photos and a review after I install it. Talked to them on the phone before I ordered and they seemed very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.

Unlike some other car mounts I've looked at these mounts are shipping now.

PadHoldr - Car Accessory That fits the iPad

auto4big.jpg

Last edited:
OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
A few things I like about this case after talking to them.

#1. Easy to install and remove my iPad from the car, just slip it into the holder.
#2. Swivels on the ball mount on the back to any angle I want.
#3. Works with my clear case (spacers come with it to make the holder a little wider than stock if needed).

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice please take some pics of the install process :) I'm thinking of getting it for my car too.. Does the mount look like it'll be lose or scratch the iPad? Eager for pics!

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Nice please take some pics of the install process :) I'm thinking of getting it for my car too.. Does the mount look like it'll be lose or scratch the iPad? Eager for pics!

I have a belkin gel cover on my iPad so I don't think I will have any worries. Not sure if the inside of the mount is metal or not. I will post up pics when I get it this week.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Wow! Ordered it Friday afternoon and Monday morning it is here already! I'll try installing it tonight and taking photos if I get the time.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too tempting for me. I'd be driving along, get stuck In traffic, start up a movie and not turn it off when the traffic jam broke up.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
I installed it last night but it was too dark to take pics. I'll post a pic up of it installed tonight.

Let me just state. WOW! I love it!

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed it last night but it was too dark to take pics. I'll post a pic up of it installed tonight.

Not sure what it would be used for aside from trips with the navigation app?
Maybe for your passenger?

I think I would wreck if I was surfing the forums on the way to work...:D

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com

Not sure what it would be used for aside from trips with the navigation app?
Maybe for your passenger?

I think I would wreck if I was surfing the forums on the way to work...:D

I use it to listen to Tech related Podcasts and Pandora on the way to and from work, I also plan to use it for navigation when needed (I have a 3G iPad). It also swivels towards the passenger so they can watch a movie if they want.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Is this thing really $150?
It looks way cool, but.............

It always amazes me that people are willing to spend $500-$900 on an iPad and then want "cheap" accessories. You need to remember, this will be holding your iPad in your car. Do you really want something cheap that might drop and break it?

blowabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It always amazes me that people are willing to spend $500-$900 on an iPad and then want "cheap" accessories. You need to remember, this will be holding your iPad in your car. Do you really want something cheap that might drop and break it?

I plan to spend over $600.....so, I see your point. Something to consider for sure.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com

I plan to spend over $600.....so, I see your point. Something to consider for sure.

Granted, the car mount is not for everyone. But for those people like me who use the iPad in their car every day, the $150 is worth it to get the iPad off of my passenger seat. :D

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Granted, the car mount is not for everyone. But for those people like me who use the iPad in their car every day, the $150 is worth it to get the iPad off of my passenger seat. :D

I still use a ipod for my music. It runs non stop, and doesnt mess with my phone.

Oh, though I probably couldnt really use the car mount or justify buying it, I still want one hahah... Just cause its cool. But I know me, I would be bored driving and be messing with things on it instead of paying attention heh

Most reactions