What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my IPAD 32Gig 3g

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just recieved my IPAD and this is my first apple product. I have no idea how to use so I am prining out the manual and will be looking here for advise :ipad-front::)

gordon

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you know that you can also download and read the free iPad manual in iBooks? I love using that whenever I need to learn a non-obvious kind of feature. It is amazing that such a simple and easy to use device has so many features.

Just so you can laugh, I've owned an iPhone (very similar in basic operation to the iPad), my first Apple product, for a long time. In fact at the time there was no app store, only the few apps that Apple provided. So I opened one of those apps on my new phone and I didn't know how to get out of it. I had to open the little paper instruction sheet that came with it to find out about the home button. Glad I at least figured it out on my own and I didn't have to make an appointment at the Genius Bar, lol!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Gordon!

I highly recommend the app:

"Tips & Tricks - iPad Edition"

for only .99 cents in the App Store. There are so many great little secrets in that guide that even after all this time of heavy usage (I got my iPad the first couple days it came out) I still keep it installed for reference. Tips like "hold in the .com button to bring up other options like .net, .org, etc" have really saved me time. :) And no I'm not the app developer but I thought it was worth it.

Also, if you download the iBooks app for free, the iPad user guide/manual is also a free download as an eBook for that app (from within the app go to the eBook store and it's usually located as one of the top free eBooks).

Most reactions

Latest posts