What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my HHI leatherette flip case.

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but heard about it on another forum. Handhelditems has a leatherette flip case with kickstand for $22.99, but there is a coupon code that knocks $10 off of that! By the way, it comes with a screen protector, and shipping was less than $3. It showed up at my house in less than five days, and I live on the opposite coast!

As I type, my iPad has the screen protector in place and it sitting in the HHI case. It seems like it is well made, and it should offer pretty good protection. All of the ports are accessible... Although it does cover the light sensor. The kickstand feature is great... I was just using it tom watch a movie.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer... Or even provide a pic or two if you want.

Check it outHERE!.

Oh, the coupon code is: ipadflipkstand

Last edited by a moderator:

soundlogic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mcbrew! I don't even have my iPad yet...but I have a nice cover coming to me without breaking the bank.
Tell me: Just how big of a deal is it that the light sensor is covered?
Tim

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handhelditems is a Spammer

Howso? URL is clean.

Or are you just grumpy today? :)

Interesting case but not for me.

Tom

Tom he is not grumpy at all , he his right the article himself let show from where he his coming … is not someone share a good info is someone making promotion for a web site

OP
M

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry if I am not allowed to post the website where I bought my iPad cover. I do not work for them or have any affiliation with them, other than the fact that I just bought an iPad cover from them. I typed in their URL... Not then long description that is in my first post... That came up automatically after I hit the submit button.

If I broke any forum rules, please let me know.

OP
M

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mcbrew! I don't even have my iPad yet...but I have a nice cover coming to me without breaking the bank.
Tim

I don't know how much of indifference it will really make, but if the light sensor thinks it is dark, the brightness will benturned down. I went tom the settings and manually set the brightness for now. I don't ink it is a big deal... But others might disagree.

I'm loving the case... My wife just saw it for the first time and likes it, too... She returned her wifi and is waiting for more 3G ipads to arrive... But she'll probably get one of these, too.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com

Howso? URL is clean.

Tom

The "review" is a fluff peace... and the URL I see is...

Code:
http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_1/goto.php?DR_id=1135&linkout=http%3A//www.handhelditems.com/

Outboundlink.net is registered to GoDaddy through domain by proxy.

soundlogic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Affiliate link spam.

Howso? URL is clean.

Tom

The "review" is a fluff peace... and the URL I see is...

Code:
http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_1/goto.php?DR_id=1135&linkout=http%3A//www.handhelditems.com/
Outboundlink.net is registered to GoDaddy through domain by proxy.

When I point my Mac's cursor to the link, it comes up as handhelditems.com.
When I clicked on the link, it took me to handhelditems.com, where I was able to read about the product, see about 4 pictures of it and order it. Check your PC...could be the problem.

soundlogic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim

I don't know how much of indifference it will really make, but if the light sensor thinks it is dark, the brightness will benturned down. I went tom the settings and manually set the brightness for now. I don't ink it is a big deal... But others might disagree.

I'm loving the case... My wife just saw it for the first time and likes it, too... She returned her wifi and is waiting for more 3G ipads to arrive... But she'll probably get one of these, too.

Regarding screen brightness, this was posted in another area on this site:

"okay i know this is gonna sound weird but people are saying the low wifi problem has something to do with screen brightness. You might want to try it out and see if its true (and maybe report back what you find). Check this vid out":

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWtIG5jUxE"]YouTube - Fix iPad Wifi Connection and Signal Issues[/ame]

VetPsychWars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to me that with careful measuring and a common hand-held hole punch (and a firm grip!) the proper hole can be put in for the ambient light sensor.

That said, the case makers should be putting it in themselves. Piel Frama had case pictures without it. I emailed them asking about it, and the response was probably not translated well because they seemed offended, but they said that their new pictures showed that they do accommodate the ambient light sensor.

Other than my iPad no longer recognizing the wifi at work (and I think it's the router's fault), I have no issue with mine, and I do appreciate the automatic brightness.

Tom

Infiniti87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my case today and so far I really like it. I think it just needs to be broken in a little bit. My only concern is the magnets on the clasp and the kickstand. I've always thought that magnets were bad for computers. They're not very strong but is it something we should be concerned about?

OP
M

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Infinity, be careful posting good reviews here... They'll call it a "fluff piece" and accuse you of posting SPAM. This is the last time I write a review on this forum.

soundlogic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Infinity, be careful posting good reviews here... They'll call it a "fluff piece" and accuse you of posting SPAM. This is the last time I write a review on this forum.

OK...I'm gonna say it: I'd take ANYTHING Brad Groux says with a very small grain of salt. Look at his signature: "BradGroux: Blogger. Geek. Know it All. Smart Ass.
Then...if you have a strong stomach...read his blog.
Talk about a "FLUFF PIECE"...or as Brad so eloquently puts it: "fluff peace".
Nuff said.

OP
M

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soundlogic...that is very sound logic. I guess I should have learned by now not to judge a forum by one bad apple member.

Oh, well... Time to "kick stand" my iPad, load up netflix, and get back to "work".

Most reactions

Latest posts