What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got a used Ipad 1 and have a problem JB...

Samuel11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there!

I have just gotten my very first Ipad 1, it's got the 5.0 firmware and it came tethered jailbroken.
I'm not sure what I did, I think I formatted or deleted everything as to make it my own and the JB vanished.
Now, the problem is, I can't have a tethered JB as accessing a computer every time is a problem for me.

Is there a way to get an untethered JB for the IOS5 or to revert back to a previous OS, so I could get an untethered JB?

Again, the device is completely clean, so I have no problem clearing it of data, should it come to that.

Thank you for your help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, a tethered jailbreak for the iPad is not too much of a problem. You typically never need to reboot and iPad during normal use. I used a tethered jailbreak for several months and was never forced to tethered boot the iPad once...

To find out what versions of IOS you are entitled to install, follow this tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Once it is finished you will have a list of your SHSH Blobs. Only IOS versions on this list can be installed on your iPad. If for example, 4.3.3 appears in the list, then you can downgrade your iPad to that version. BUT to be clear, if you don't have other versions in that list it is impossible to install any other version of IOS on your device, other than the current version which is IOS5. There is no way round this.

If you do have an option to downgrade, use this tutorial to help you - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Hope that helps.

OP
S

Samuel11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing on my list on the umbrella program is Ipad 5.0gm.

Guess that means the only thing I can do is use the tethered JB for it or wait for the untetherred...?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Samuel11 said:
The only thing on my list on the umbrella program is Ipad 5.0gm.

Guess that means the only thing I can do is use the tethered JB for it or wait for the untetherred...?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You don't have any old saved SHSH Blobs so you cannot install any other version of IOS on your device other than the current 5.x :( There is no way around this as things stand.

OP
S

Samuel11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...

I did the tethereed jailbreak for my Ipod and I think I did it right...

Thing is, I am unable to add apps from my computer to the Ipad.

I've got a facebook app, I drag it on Itunes to the Ipad and click "apply".
I get the following error:
"Can not install app" on the Ipad and "App not installed because you have not authorized this computer" on the PC.
Thing is, after the first time it told me this, I went and authorized it...
Checked again after the same message, it says I've already authorized this computer...

What's going on here?

OP
S

Samuel11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...

I did the tethereed jailbreak for my Ipod and I think I did it right...

Thing is, I am unable to add apps from my computer to the Ipad.

I've got a facebook app, I drag it on Itunes to the Ipad and click "apply".
I get the following error:
"Can not install app" on the Ipad and "App not installed because you have not authorized this computer" on the PC.
Thing is, after the first time it told me this, I went and authorized it...
Checked again after the same message, it says I've already authorized this computer...

What's going on here?

Sorry for the bump, deseperate here...
What can I do?

Most reactions