What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.1 tethered jb all data lost?

Reaction score
Ok, since the untethered jb still hasn't hit the wild, I got the tethered jb using Snowbreeze 2.4b1.

But now I have a clean iPad. Is there any chance of integrating my previous apps+data?

It seems to be somewhat difficult, as the jb is applied via a restore. So I thought about backing up the jb iPad, and then merging the jb backup folder with one of the older backup folders, where all the app data is still present. Would this work, if I simply add files to the backup, or do I need to change a .list file?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you first plug the iPad in after a restore it should offer you to either set up as a new iPad or restore from a previous backup. You should have chosen restore if you wanted to get back your settings, apps, and data.
Do not under any circumstances try and merge backups manually on your PC. You will open up a world of pain.
Easiest thing at this stage is probably to run through the sn0wbreeze restore again and this time chose the restore from backup option when you first connect the freshly restored iPad to iTunes.

However that said, if you can stand the pain, it might be good to go from new. Using backups can cause problems between OS versions as settings are sometimes incompatible. YMMV and in the end only you know how much you really need the data you had stored up...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts