What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just cant figure out handbrake

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cant for the life of me seem to figure out hanbrake, ive downloaded a couple of movies now from dvd, each time they come out blurry fuzzy pixulated and jumpy basicly unwatchable, i know theres lots of threads on here about hanbrake which ive read up on, ive been on youtube also, am i missing something ! Have i got something in the settings wrong ? Ive also downloaded VLC but its still not working properly, any help on getting the right settings will be greatly recieved. Thanks

Jessy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you found a solution, please share it! I'm just dealing with the same problem.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noel1 said:
Cant for the life of me seem to figure out hanbrake, ive downloaded a couple of movies now from dvd, each time they come out blurry fuzzy pixulated and jumpy basicly unwatchable, i know theres lots of threads on here about hanbrake which ive read up on, ive been on youtube also, am i missing something ! Have i got something in the settings wrong ? Ive also downloaded VLC but its still not working properly, any help on getting the right settings will be greatly recieved. Thanks

Since you mentioned DVDs my first question is Windows, Linux, or Mac?

If windows and you're trying to convert a DVD you have to rip the DVD to your hard disk and decrypt it or use an on-the-fly decrypter both of which are of questionable legality depending on your location.

The symptoms you're describing are typical of what happens if you try to use it to encode a DVD without removing the CSS encryption. If you're using the iPad preset, that's the only thing I can think of that could be the issue. If you're not using the preset, try that, or as a test try the iPhone preset as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts