What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought ipad, I am so lost as to what style case to get.

cozyann88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, I have spent like 6 hours on this computer trying to find the perfect case. I just don't know which style will be the best. I will be taking the ipad to college with me and using it in place of most of my textbooks. I plan to keep it with me all the time. I am a 22 year old woman so I would rather have something stylish as well.

I am debating between these cases but I need some of your expert opinions!

The tan colored elan passport This is a folio type. How does everyone like this type?

The White Vaja case..
Now this is so pretty, but It is highly expensive (150). Is it worth it?! And how does it wear. I mean will the white get worn and dirty easily? It also has no standing positions, does this make a huge difference?

or last but not least..
a cheaper amazon option.. a pink rooCase, Got to love the girly pink... But afraid of it looking too "cheap".
Please help me decide and if you know of any other attractive cases that come in a color other than black, please let me know. Thanks so much!!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you would benefit from a case with a stand or at least carrying something else that you can prop up the iPad with (a textbook would have been a perfect iPad prop, but you want to replace your textbooks and not carry them around, LOL)

Vajas are nice because they're leather, but I just read that they're not producing them as fast anymore, so you might have to wait until they catch up.

Hard Candy makes some loud-colored cases. I have a clear Sleek skin from them.

Speck makes nice cases...good looking too (although you can't look at their website on an iPad, so you'll need a computer to browse).

Ultimately, you need to decide what features you want first. Built-in stand? Folio style? Minimal or lots of protection? Will you be getting the keyboard dock or using a bluetooth keyboard (you can't use any case with the Apple keyboard dock, so you'll need to take the case on/off everytime you want to uses the keyboard dock).

From there, you look for the case that meet your requirements. Good luck in your search!

tobriant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a black leather M-edge Platform Jacket. Protects great, looks great. Makes an inverted V for reading and is very stable. Gives it a vertical orientation. Also comes in purple and red. They also make a horizontally oriented version called the Executive Jacket. Comes in more colors (green, fuchsia, mocha). Lists on the website for $60. Recommended.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't knock black, it will make you look serious and professional. Too colourful and you could look flighty.....Again charcoal could provide mystique.
Decisions, decisions.
Good luck.

avspatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a boring choice, but I, a college instructor, have the Apple folio case. I really like it and searched for a purse it would fit in. I went to ebaggs.com and bought the Baggalini Downtown sling/backpack purse. It works perfectly and comes in many cool colors. The purse is NOT bulky. It has two little side pockets where I have my cell phone and a small camera. It also has a small front pocket in addition to the main compartment. Lots of people have asked where I got it. Check it out. Good luck.

What I like especially is that since I always have my purse with me, my iPad is always with me, too. :)

Last edited:

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have lots of coins, you might want to check out the Tuf Luv, napa leather, black, has stand for Portrait or Landscape.
Dan

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Marware EcoVue. I bought it because I wanted a sophisticated looking case that was relatively inexpensive. I think I paid about $40 (though I don't remember exactly). It's a portfolio case with an integrated stand - enabling it to stand horizontally (to watch movies) and in the flatter position to make typing easier. I haven't had it long enough to give any review on "wear-and-tear" though.

I've heard many amazing things about the DodoCase also.

For cases and things, I often Google "Marware EcoVue reviews" and spend a few minutes looking at what people have said about it. YouTube also has many video reviews.

Most reactions

Latest posts