What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought ipad 2

sam1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just bought my iPad 2. My question is, is it normal for the camera to look fuzzy e en the pictures come out looking fuzzy?
My iPhone 4 takes clearer pictures. Is this. Normal or do I need to take it back? Please help!

SNOWDROP252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the Camera Lens got a little round protective film over it....mine did? Are you taking the Photo indoors with poor lighting? Try it outside in daylight and see if it is any better.

Last edited:

abbeysnana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that if there isn't sufficient light the pics will be fuzzy.....otherwise, they're crystal clear.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed that in bright light,my iPad 2 pictures are quite sharp.

image-3275806604.jpgI shot this with my iPad 2 last November,at a football game. I think it's pretty good for a .7 megapixel camera.
Your iPhone 4 has a 5 megapixel camera,over 7 times sharper than the iPad 2 under the same lighting conditions.

Last edited:

SNOWDROP252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos taken on mine are crystal clear, but the camera does need some decent light otherwise it is fuzzy and has little speckles.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
miffman said:
Sometimes my ipad takes fuzzy pics as well, even with good lighting

We're you trying to take close up photos? This will quickly show the limitations of the iPad 2 camera.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, remember the camera on the iPad 2 is not as high quality as the one on your iPhone. Like scifan57 said, you will quickly realize the limitations of the iPad 2's camera if you are trying close ups or other more "photoesc" type shots.

Most reactions

Latest posts