What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera fuzzy/ pixelated?

joeswife5807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last month I purchased an iPad 2. I love it except for one flaw. The camera takes such fuzzy pixelated pics. I purchased an app called camera genius to try to clear it up but it didn't help much. Some of the reviews on the app said people were able to get these amazingly beautiful images. This makes me wonder is every iPad 2 camera this bad or is mine defective? The fuzziness is much less noticeable in daytime outdoor shots but indoor and night photos look like there's a sandstorm passing by the camera lens.....any suggestions of a solution are greatly appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Relax - the iPad cameras basically STINK! The front one is only .3 MP and the back is .7MP (my first Sony digita cameral purchased years ago was 2 MP) - if you disire decent photos on your iPad, then use your standard digital camera and either obtain the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) to transfer images from the camera or transfer them from your computer once on that hard drive and then sync to the iPad; there are of course other options of getting 'good' images to your iPad, including a number of 'wireless' choices.

Sorry if this is BAD news for you, but the 'front camera' is mainly meant for using FaceTime (or Skype) and the 'back camera' makes OK videos but poor still images - there are plenty of threads & posts already on the forum discussing these issues, so some searching may clarify your concerns - post back if you have more specific questions!

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hear what you say about iPad having limited camera quality, but as it happens, it suits me, for mainly, I use digi camera, and transfer.
I have a different problem, after taking a nice pic, and have viewed it in "photos" when I do the email option to send to friends, the odd pic becomes pixulated, any ideas on this please.

And I assume, that the ONLY way to send pics from iPad, is to open pic/ choose option,send email?

Most reactions

Latest posts