What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I missing something or is Apple? Keyboard/typing issue.

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 for a few months now and except for a few minor annoyances, I adore it. It has effectively removed my need for a laptop and I only have to get on the desktop every now and then. With that said, I have been having an issue with typing that I can no longer ignore. It appears that if I misspell a word or web address on the iPad, I have to backspace and delete all the way to where I messed up...there is no arrow function or way with the touch screen to pinpoint and fix JUST the letter I messed up within the word. I know that on my previous Android phone, there were arrow keys that allowed me to go back through a word without deleting the whole thing. It is very annoying because I do a good amount of typing. Am I missing something or is there a solution here?

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When the keyboard is showing, press and hold on the spot you you wish to correct. A little magnified area should pop-up, allowing you to guide the cursor to exactly where you want it. Then, you can make your corrections.

This takes a bit of practice to get efficient at it, but it truly is effective. IMNSHO, it's faster than arrow keys. Of course, that's me.

Marilyn

OP
C

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
The solution is a real keyboard. Sorry...couldn't resist.

Lol no you are right! I have thought about getting one and probably will soon.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

OP
C

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
When the keyboard is showing, press and hold on the spot you you wish to correct. A little magnified area should pop-up, allowing you to guide the cursor to exactly where you want it. Then, you can make your corrections.

This takes a bit of practice to get efficient at it, but it truly is effective. IMNSHO, it's faster than arrow keys. Of course, that's me.

Marilyn

I just tried this method and it works! Thank you so much! Finally something I can rely on until I get a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts