What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB ipad 4.3.3,didnt save blobs, did i miss the boat?

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have an iPad one jail broken 4.3.3, all is fine but wanted to save the blobs, the only blob I was able to save was 4.3.5. Now, I do have the original backup when I jail broke to 4.3.3.

My question is, if and when I upgrade to the new iOS and I determine I don't like it, can I revert back to a jail broken state using my original backup when I first jail broke my iPad? Or, would I have to jailbreak all over again using 4.3.5 blob?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are very lucky. Since you have an iPad1 and 4.3.3 installed you have the safety net of using iFaith to extract your blobs from your device. This only works for iPad1.

You can download iFaith from it's homepage here - iH8sn0w.com -- Maintenance Mode

(the website is currently down for maintenance, but there is a holding page with download links)

This is you ONLY option to save 4.3.3 blobs so I suggest you do it now!

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's good news, so I need to got to ifaith and download this to my PC? this will allow me to download the 4.3.3 blobs so I can save it just in case I need it?

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I downloaded the file and everything seems to be ok with the exception of a message I'm getting from iFaith.

It says 0/13 SHSH Blobs captured and waiting for iPad 1, nothing is happening.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
blucente said:
OK, I downloaded the file and everything seems to be ok with the exception of a message I'm getting from iFaith.

So you've connected the iPad and put it into DFU mode following the guidance of iFaith to assist you? It does not sound like you achieved DFU mode properly. It can be tricky, so try again...

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
So you've connected the iPad and put it into DFU mode following the guidance of iFaith to assist you? It does not sound like you achieved DFU mode properly. It can be tricky, so try again...

I'll have to try again a little later, I have to run out right now. I'll follow up a little later today. Thank you for you assistance, I'll be back.

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
blucente said:

Ok you're right again, that was it! Thank you for your assistance and technical expertise. I'm good to go no matter what iOS 5 brings:D

Most reactions

Latest posts