What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Java support ?

Hfire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I would really like to enjoy my Go games on the servers i normally play : kgs,igs,wbaduk a.s.o ... all the sites need Java . All the Go serious applications need Java.

So how do i install it on a jailbroken Ipad ? Any method helps.

Cloud Browse doesn't work for me, i'm outside U.S. territory. Even so , i wouldn't mind paying for premium access if i'd have the certainty that everything will go smooth with my needed applications.

Are there any other alternatives ? I'm eager to try :)

Thank you for your time,

have a nice sunday,
H

OP
H

Hfire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I HAVE FOUND IT !!!! IPAD DOES HAVE JAVA !!

Hahahaha superb superb ! steve jobs just got owned.

Ok here's the deal : It's called Remote DESKTOP. I use Wyse for example , there are many clients that allow remote desktop, i started off with wyse. I played games of go via KGS via my PC (which needs to be turned ON).

Tonight i will try some hentai games and bjj instructionals.

Good luck with your needed apps! BUT USE JAVA ! :) :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW, IPAD HAS FLASH TOO! ALSO, CAN PLAY CRYSIS!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'm pleased the OP got a solution...

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has JavaScript, see settings menu. It does not run flash. If you use remote desktop, it will display flash via the host computer.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does not have a fully functioning Java suite. My school's grading website gives me a warning every time I log on saying that my browser doesn't support the Java functions of the site.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you running 3.2 or 4.2? There was a problem with earlier version of java which should have been fixed with 4.2, but you may be correct that the functionality in the iPad is limited as well.

Most reactions