What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backgrounder alternative?

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a backgrounder alternative, I'm currently jailbroken on IOS 6.1 and as many of you may know backgrounder doesn't work as it causes the springboard to crash and go into safe mode. I actually would only need something to keep wifi on even when I lock the screen, I don't really need to background all apps, for the music I use Play Tube and the apple standard background works pretty well although stops playing with some app/game. Is there any way to keep the wifi on while the iPad is locked? I noticed that as soon as I go into the lock screen (without even unlocking it) the wifi comes back on. I'll be extremely grateful to anyone that can help me with this.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look for/at the tweak "Insomnia." According to the description, it "allows applications to continue to run and WiFi to stay connected long after the screen has been switched off." It also states it supports iOS 6.1. And, you can get an SBSettings toggle so you can turn it on an off.

Ive not tried this on iOS 6.1 - but i don't see why it wont work. So, try this?

Marilyn

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Marilyn! It has yet to be invented a problem you can't solve!

Hinds90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great suggestion! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and it works awesome.

thecouchguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually Mickey these apps are different insomnia will not work as backgrounder. I used backgrounder to keep my box.net and iLoader hd app running while I did other things. Nice try though. Have been searching the net and as of yet there is no replacement for backgrounder. lets keep the thread alive shall we. I'm sure as many people use it and the source code is open someone will update it. I miss it soooo much!

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Background Manager from cydia. It's backgrounder that has been re-written for IOS 6. Totally worth 99 cents.

Most reactions