What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2.2 Stucked at uploadin iBEC

lakelander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings ,

Have I have ipad 2 2.2 which I successfully downgraded from ios 6 to 4.3.5 than upgraded to 5.0.1 via redsn0w 0.9.15b2. I have my 4.3.5 , 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 blobs available from cydia and saved them to my computer by using tiny umbrella. Redsnow 15b2 did not allow me to stitch my 5.1.1 blob to original 5.1.1 .ipa. I downloaded redsnow 14b2 . I did stitch the blobs and program created a new 5.1.1. ipa for restore . I did upload the newly created ipa 5.1.1 and select remote server . Everything goes normal upto uploading iBEC . Than nothing happens. I do put the ipad into DFU mode myself. Neither 15b2 nor 14b2 does not perform entering my ipad into DFU mode . I get "ipad not supported" message.

Where do I go from here ? What am I missing or what is it I am doing wrong ? Any assistance is well appreciated.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings ,

Have I have ipad 2 2.2 which I successfully downgraded from ios 6 to 4.3.5 than upgraded to 5.0.1 via redsn0w 0.9.15b2. I have my 4.3.5 , 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 blobs available from cydia and saved them to my computer by using tiny umbrella. Redsnow 15b2 did not allow me to stitch my 5.1.1 blob to original 5.1.1 .ipa. I downloaded redsnow 14b2 . I did stitch the blobs and program created a new 5.1.1. ipa for restore . I did upload the newly created ipa 5.1.1 and select remote server . Everything goes normal upto uploading iBEC . Than nothing happens. I do put the ipad into DFU mode myself. Neither 15b2 nor 14b2 does not perform entering my ipad into DFU mode . I get "ipad not supported" message.

Where do I go from here ? What am I missing or what is it I am doing wrong ? Any assistance is well appreciated.
Thanks

My understanding of the new process (mentioned here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572) is that you can use the regular iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file, no stitching or anything is required. Did you try using the regular iOS, such as that found here at this forum? The links to the stock software are here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=24939

One question, when you were running iOS 5.1.1 saved those blobs - did you get to that iOS using the over-the-air (OTA) feature or via iTunes? Cause the blobs for the OTA iOS 5.1.1 won't work in this new process...

If you upgraded through iTunes, may I suggest you start over using an unstitched iOS 5.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on (or if you need more assistance).

Marilyn

Most reactions