What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbroken apps wont update help needed

spudyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i jailbroke my ipad
download apps ie pga tour golf 12
installed and plays fine
i have an update come on app store for the game i tried to update and no good
says messsage

you have not owns a prev version on this game you have to buy it at full price?

please help in a way i can update these

many thanks

spudyuk

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those are illegal apps.No help here.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't update them because you have stolen them.
Obtain them legally and all future updates are usually free.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading that some apps will not run on a jail broken machine, even though they were purchased from the app store. Perhaps the OP could clarify whether this is the case here.

Was the app purchased? And did it work properly before the jailbreak?

As has been noted already, there is no help here for people who steal apps, but maybe there is a different force at work here.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it not be that the app was bought legally but using a different account?

I have 3 or 4 itunes accounts to accommodate different regions: 1. Country where I live, 2. Country where I am from 3. US and 4. UK. This is to access different content depending on what part of the world I am (i.e. I needed an UK account to buy BBC player to watch when I am there).

But updates are a bit of a pain because I need to jump from one account to another.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gzoladz - Thats not how it works. My iPad1 has apps from my account and from my son's account. When he is logged in and I try to update an app that is on my ID it pops up with my ID and asks for my password.
If I try and update an app that he has downloaded it pops up on his ID and asks for his password.

If it is a case like KevinJS says then stick it in Safe Mode and try it again. I have never had an issue when I did that (not that that is the solution, just that I have done that to get around the JB limitation).

But that message usually means you have never purchased it to begin with.

Most reactions

Latest posts