What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little help please. Cant update my apps. Wrong apple ID

akaR2D2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, first off, great place here. :)

I have an issue. I have a 3rd gen ipad, and a friend jailbroke it for me and installed xxxxxxxxx on it? I got some apps from there and soon those apps showed the icon for updates. I went to update, not knowing you cant.

Well, when I went to update my apps from the appstore, the little prompt to enter my PW came up, only it lists an email address that isnt mine as the apple ID. I logged out and logged back in, and this is still happening. Basically my app store is now useless.

Is there anyway to correct this and get xxxxxxxxx off my ipad?

I appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, first off, great place here. :)

I have an issue. I have a 3rd gen ipad, and a friend jailbroke it for me and installed xxxxxxxxxx on it? I got some apps from there and soon those apps showed the icon for updates. I went to update, not knowing you cant.

Well, when I went to update my apps from the appstore, the little prompt to enter my PW came up, only it lists an email address that isnt mine as the apple ID. I logged out and logged back in, and this is still happening. Basically my app store is now useless.

Is there anyway to correct this and get xxxxxxxxxx off my ipad?

I appreciate any help.

Won't get any help here. You are a thief and stealing apps is wrong. I suggest you uninstall xxxxxxxx.

OP
A

akaR2D2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just said I want it off. I wasnt aware what it was. If I knew, I woudlnt be in this situation. I appreciate the help anyway.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To uninstall xxxxxxxxxx you open cydia and go to Installed and scroll down to the I's and then you will see it. Next is to tap on it and it will go to the xxxxxxxxxx page. At the top right you will see a button that says Modifi I believe, tap it and you will see Remove

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is restore that iPad to stock iOS 5.1.1 and then re-jailbreak it. By putting that piracy tweak on it, you've added stuff to it that is guaranteed to mess up the iPad - not to mention illegal.

It's easy to restore - just hook it up to iTunes and select Restore from the Summary tab in iTunes. Then, you can re-jailbreak it with Absinthe 2.0 by following the tutorial here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

And, if I may, a little suggestion: avoid that "friend" that helped you install piracy tweaks. That app your friend installed is solely to steal apps from the App Store. As Randy mentioned, we don't support or condone piracy here. Jailbreaking is to gain full access over the iPad's operating system, not so you can steal apps.

Marilyn

Most reactions