What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Explained

redman1180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that after you jb, you will be able to use the camera/card reader to store files, music, movies, ect? I have the iPad2 16g, and it's not enough memory.

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having rooted my SGS, I'd like to point out: Do not jailbreak just because. And study the process carefully so that you'll know precisely what you're doing. ;)

TedM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.yourpoetic.com
Thank for the guide. My brother jail broke his ipad and now he can't use it. I bet he was being a dirty pirate. But now I'm tasked to fix it and this guide certainly will help.

brittany16950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cmalinowski said:
My understanding is that tethered means that on a reboot/shutdown/drain battery (and possibly a respring, but not sure about that one) your iProduct would need to be connected (tethered) to your computer (mac, pc, laptop, etc) on startup.

Okay. So wait a minute...

So I am having problems with my untethered jailbroken iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1. I don't think it's a jailbreak related problem because I am having the same issue with my NOT-jailbroken iPod Touch 4th generation. I want to reset my iPad by pressing the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds. I CAN do this because I have an untethered jailbreak??

Wanna know what the problem is? My apps from the Official Apple App store hang on "Installing" phase. They don't ever install. ??? I dunno what happened.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. So wait a minute...

So I am having problems with my untethered jailbroken iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1. I don't think it's a jailbreak related problem because I am having the same issue with my NOT-jailbroken iPod Touch 4th generation. I want to reset my iPad by pressing the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds. I CAN do this because I have an untethered jailbreak??

Wanna know what the problem is? My apps from the Official Apple App store hang on "Installing" phase. They don't ever install. ??? I dunno what happened.

Yes. You can do the reset with your iPad (with the hold home and sleep buttons procedure). Your jail break will not be affected. Just make sure you hold the buttons until you see the Apple logo appear (you may or may not see the "slide to turn off" text). Once you see the logo, you can release the buttons.

Marilyn

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i restore to factory default after jailbreaking...

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually i have not jailbroke yet...i just wanted to know how to restore it or if it can be done on my ipad just in case if i do a jailbreak later...mine is ipad 3 (the new ipad)

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And version 5.1 and plz inform me which tethered or untethered or both jailbreak is available for v5.1...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anny266 said:
And version 5.1 and plz inform me which tethered or untethered or both jailbreak is available for v5.1...

There is no jailbreak available for iOS 5.1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anny266 said:
Do u hav any idea when will it be available...

There never will be a jailbreak available for iOS 5.1. All you can do is upgrade and wait for the iOS 6 jailbreak.
Nobody, not even the jailbreak developers, can tell you when to expect the iOS 6 jailbreak. You should subscribe to the official iOS 6 jailbreak status thread.http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html any announcement about a jailbreak for iOS 6 will be made in the first post in the thread.

Last edited:

Most reactions