What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak with 3.2 but what will I do when 4 is release

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I'm curious to know my options if I jailbreak my iPad with spirit 3.2. Will I be able to upgrade with the new os 4.0? Wil I have to wait for a jailbreak version of os 4.0 ?

Thanks for your help
Jon

idbirch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are free to upgrade to iOS 4 the day it comes out if you want to. You'd lose your jailbreak of course and all the benefits that go with it but being jail broken now will not prevent you from upgrading later.

Personally, I'm not excited about OS4 in the slightest, all the major improvements I.e. Multitasking have been available to jailbreakers for ages. If you want multitasking now, grab backgrounder from Cydia, works great on iPad.

Arthur Hucksake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are free to upgrade to iOS 4 the day it comes out if you want to. You'd lose your jailbreak of course and all the benefits that go with it but being jail broken now will not prevent you from upgrading later.

Personally, I'm not excited about OS4 in the slightest, all the major improvements I.e. Multitasking have been available to jailbreakers for ages. If you want multitasking now, grab backgrounder from Cydia, works great on iPad.

Unfortunately, I can see devs creating apps only compatiable with 4 so they can release one version for the iPhone 4 and the iPad simultaneously.

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well! I was afraid that this will be the consequence. Thanks

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Currently in bed reading the headlines. Latest suggestion is the release of iOS4 won't be till November, so don't hold back on that account.

Most reactions

Latest posts