What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 4.3.5 reboot help

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my ipad some time ago now, and i knew it was a tethered jailbreak, so i would need a few things to reboot if my ipad ever crashed or needed to be restarted...thing is, a few things are starting to mess up now like my bluetooth saying it is unavailable, so now my apple magic mouse wont work, same with my wii remote, which both worked a couple weeks ago. I think it just needs a simple reboot to fix since its been on for a long time (over two months now) but the problem i have is the software i used to jailbreak and the computer i used are at my parents house, and i have moved away now....i was just wondering if there was anyway i could use itunes to reboot? since my work has that installed on their computers. Thanks guys really appreciate the help if you can offer some advice, i need my magic mouse working asap for my job. Thanks again! - Kes

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. You must use redsn0w to perform the tethered boot (and iTunes must be installed as well).

However, redsn0w does not need to be installed (it is simply a program), and therefore if your work PC already has iTunes (the challenging bit for a work PC), then you should simply be able to download redsn0w and run it to boot tethered.

Download it from here - Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

Hope that helps.

OP
C

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. You must use redsn0w to perform the tethered boot (and iTunes must be installed as well).

However, redsn0w does not need to be installed (it is simply a program), and therefore if your work PC already has iTunes (the challenging bit for a work PC), then you should simply be able to download redsn0w and run it to boot tethered.

Download it from here - Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot for the help, really appreciate it! :) but when i jailbroke my ipad, i remember there being a really big file i had to download and use to jailbreak, think it was like 600-800 megs, will i need that again or could i just install the file from the link you've sent? thanks - Kes

OP
C

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts