What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 3.2.1 iPad With JailbreakME

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Hi I dont know where else to post this question:

I own an IPAD WIFI ONLY 32GB version 3.2.1 - I recently jailbroke using jailbrokeme 2.0 which then inturn added CYDIA.
I then downloaded installous 3.2.5 and appsync 3.2

The issue thats arisen, the vast majority of apps i download when attempting to then install give me an error message "INVALID IPA" and hence will not install.

Can anyone assist as to what the issue may be? And indeed the steps to correct. Also, if able to correct, would i then have to re-download the app's or simply attempt to install again using the original files.

appreciate your help

This is illegal and we don't discuss it on here.

Zenitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.

New here and need help with this jailbreak. I've tried twice and had to restore both times. The jailbreak went fine. Then I try to download Categories and it reboots with the apple and the spinning dial over it. It goes on and on and on. I had no choice but to restore. Any ideas?
also.

I want it mainly for categories so when 4.0 comes out can I just restore to unjailbreak?

Thanks for your help.

categories doesnt work on ipad as far as I know. Guessing thats why your ipad died each time after you installed it.

Categories does work on the iPad, i had it running smooth on 3.2 with spiritjb and 3.2.1 with jailbreakme.com

I even use categoriesb along with it.

Zenitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.

New here and need help with this jailbreak. I've tried twice and had to restore both times. The jailbreak went fine. Then I try to download Categories and it reboots with the apple and the spinning dial over it. It goes on and on and on. I had no choice but to restore. Any ideas?
also.

I want it mainly for categories so when 4.0 comes out can I just restore to unjailbreak?

Thanks for your help.

After you installed cydia and booted it up, i believe it will ask for an update, did you choose "complete"?

Was Categories the first app you installed on the jailbroken ipad and nothing else?

Zenitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all my first post in this great forum :)
I successfully jailbreaked my iPad 64gb wifi with jailbreakme,however when I reboot, I see a colored line on the top right of screen (with apple logo),and then everything is fine, is that normal ?

I have that too, Youre not alone.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Categories does work on the iPad, i had it running smooth on 3.2 with spiritjb and 3.2.1 with jailbreakme.com
Although I eventually decided that I no longer wanted to use it, I also was running Categories successfully on the iPad with 3.2.1.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all my first post in this great forum :)
I successfully jailbreaked my iPad 64gb wifi with jailbreakme,however when I reboot, I see a colored line on the top right of screen (with apple logo),and then everything is fine, is that normal ?

I have that too, Youre not alone.

Both iPad and iPhone will do this if you've used "jailbreakme" exploit.

It's a byproduct of the less than 100% perfect way that the exploit intervenes in the boot process and it does nothing other than give you a minor screen glitch for a few moments.

Nothing to worry about.

cob8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Break me out of Jail

I have just discovered jailbreak and have already gone to ipad 3.2.2 What do I do now? Can i get another version of Jailbreak or is there some way to go back to 3.2.1 so I can use Jailbreakme? Also, are there any apps out there or methods, to hide app icons on my ipad? I have a few there that I don't want anyone to see if they pick up my ipad and start playing, which has happened. Help please.

ncus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just discovered jailbreak and have already gone to ipad 3.2.2 What do I do now? Can i get another version of Jailbreak or is there some way to go back to 3.2.1 so I can use Jailbreakme? Also, are there any apps out there or methods, to hide app icons on my ipad? I have a few there that I don't want anyone to see if they pick up my ipad and start playing, which has happened. Help please.

Unfortunately no jailbreak for iPad 3.2.2. We have to wait for Dev team for new jailbreak.

IAmThereforeiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No you can not Jailbreak that version yet. There is an app called "Poof" that hides apps from the launch screens. If you want to access them, you can find them by going to the search screen and typing part of the name. I use it all the time so my kids don't access certain apps.

You can use the restriction feature in settings to hide the Safari, App store, iPod and other built-in apps, but no 3rd party apps. You need Poof to do so.

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I jailbreak my ipad..Do I still use iTunes to sync with my ipad? and can I still use the Apple app store to download apps...or is the cydia the only option now...

Last edited:

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I jailbreak my ipad..Do I still use iTunes to sync with my ipad? and can I still use the Apple app store to download apps...or is the cydia the only option now...

You use the iPad as normal with iTunes, but now you can also get apps from Cydia.

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question....I forgot to backup(save) my SHSH blob prior to jailbreaking my ipad 3.2.1...

The jailbreak worked fine...

Is it too late to save my SHSH blob..?

If it is, then does that mean I should not do an restore on iTunes? I did backup the ipad on itune before jailbreaking.

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Dude it is too late. Apple released 3.2.2 and they stopped it for 3.2.1. So if you didn't save your blobs it is too late.

Don't restore as itunes will force you to update to 3.2.2 and you will not be able to downgrade. Hang on until the Dev team will release an update.

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question....I forgot to backup(save) my SHSH blob prior to jailbreaking my ipad 3.2.1...

The jailbreak worked fine...

Is it too late to save my SHSH blob..?

If it is, then does that mean I should not do an restore on iTunes? I did backup the ipad on itune before jailbreaking.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you haven't let iTunes download iOS 3.2.2, then you could do a restore with iTunes (de-jailbreak) then save your blobs, then JB again.

Most reactions

Latest posts