What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 3.2.1 iPad With JailbreakME

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude, it isn't even a difficult concept to understand why your apps aren't working. Pirating games is so easy on this platform, and its amazing that some people STILL can't figure it out and come whining here for help so that others can explain how to properly steal. I mean, I am embarrassed for you. It really, really is not hard. Apple dumbs down their products to a point where it is beyond annoying and STILL people cannot figure it out. Ugh.

IAmThereforeiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works! Thanks for the heads up. Now what are best apps for iPad on cydia?

Here are my recommended Jailbroken apps and my reasoning for using each.

Backgrounder (Activator)

Backgrounder is an awesome app that lets you puts apps in the background. It gives you the multitasking ability that should be included automatically from Apple, but isn't until iOS 4 Is made available for the iPad in the fall of 2010. Want to listen to Pandora or Stitcher Radio while you type out an email or surf the web? You can thanks to Backgrounder. There is an icon for this, but you can use the Settings app to configure. Free.

This is great for the obvious uses like listening to audio outside of the app that you would otherwise be trapped inside of without Backgrounder, but it is useful for those apps that don't save your place when you exit them.

Circuitous

Circuitous is a cool app switcher that lets you jump between apps in a blink. The app lets you jump between the native apps that are open like Safari or Mail or even go back to the last closed app via something called Cycler. So just perform a predefined gesture using the volume keys, shake device / gestures, status bar gestures or home / sleep button and move to the next or previous app on the Cycler. You can see the right sidebar on the image below that shows you the apps accessed in a particular sequence and you can switch between them. There is an icon for this, but you can use the Settings app to configure. Free.

While Backgrounder is great for putting those apps in the background, Circuitous brings them to the foreground on your command.

CyDelete

CyDelete allows you to use the already familiar process of tapping and holding your finger on an icon until it begins to shake. Once it is shaking you will see the "X" in the upper left corner, then just tap and delete. Without this you would have to return to Cydia every time and find the Cydia app in the Packages section under the Manage area. **CyDelete can be found in Cydia and is available for free. There is an icon for this, but you can use the Settings app to configure.

Without this app, you would not be able to delete the Cydia apps that have an icon, from the app launcher screens.

SBSettings

SBSettings is a helpful "app" that lets you easily change settings. SBSettings can be accesed from almost anywhere on the iPhone/iPod by sliding a finger across the top. SBSettings has everything from changing brightness to telling you the percentage of remaining battery life. You can also free up memory space and hide icons. There is no icon for this, use the Settings app to configure. Free.

If you are like me, you will use this the most of any of these apps listed. I use this app the most to change the brightness without leaving the app that I am currently in. I also use it to toggle the Bluetooth on and off. I never turn the wifi off because I have the Mifi device from Sprint, but if I only used wifi at home, I would use it to toggle Wifi on and off via SBSettings as well. I also use it to kill apps placed in the background with Backgrounder.

Poof

Poof is a simple App available through Cydia which allows you to hide and unhide your applications. It allows you to hide all AppStore, Cydia as well as system integrated apps on the iPad.

To hide the app simply log on to the app and click no on the app you want to hide. It is also available on iPhone version 1.x through Installer. Once you are done close the application. The application will respring for few seconds and then come up to the normal springboard with the unhidden apps. Free.
I used this app to hide apps that I don't use often like MakeitMine and the other apps above that have icons. I also use it to hide those apps that I don't want the kids to see when they use my iPad.

MakeitMine

MakeITmine lets you replace the word "iPad" in the upper left corner with whatever you like or put your name there. The app also lets you customize the banner i.e. put a custom name instead of the clock that appears by default. All you have to do is enter some text in the white box and press either Carrier or Banner on the top to replace either! Most people prefer to keep the clock in the middle, so most would ignore the banner option. On the ipad, the area defined in the upper left corner is only 7 characters long. If your text is 8 characters or longer, your text will scroll in the defined space. Free.

This app is needed only once. Add it, change your name and remove it. There are reports that this app, when loaded, interferes with the location features of the iPad. So the movies, weather and other location based apps will not automatically know where you are when this app is still on the iPad. To apps get this app to work, you would need to type your zip code into the app. Once you delete MakeitMine, the location apps will know where you are again. If you want to change your name, simply add the app again and then delete it again once the name has been changed.

MxTube

MxTube is an app that allows you to download Youtube videos to be played anytime on your iPad even when you don't have Internet (wifi). It is a separate app from the stock Youtube app and you have to view the videos from MxTube. Free.

There are videos that will want to download so that you can view them without being linked to the Internet. I download training videos that I can view offline. Sometimes I don't want to deal with the buffeting issues, so I download them and then view them later buffer free.

ProTrapper

ProTapper recreates a native function of the Palm Pre. Its purpose it is to add a white dot on the screen which correspondes to the finger tap area. The consumption of RAM is minimal, since the operation is extremely simple and does not support multitouch. You can find ProTapper in Cydia for free. There is no icon for this, nor is there an area for it in the Settings app. The only way to remove this is to uninstall it in Cydia.

I have a Palm Pre and like having the effect, so I thought other users might find it useful as well.

MultiIconMover*

MultiIconMover allows you to move more than one icon at a time (without using a computer).
Once installed, you can to go into the normal “wiggle†move mode. Once in wiggle mode, just tap on the icons you would like to move. When you tap on an icon a check mark will appear on it (you can tap the icon again to remove the check mark). You can then scroll to the page on your SpringBoard in which you would like to move the icons and tap the Home Button. This will move the selected icons to that page on your SpringBoard. Just tap the Home Button again to stop wiggle mode. *There is not an icon for this app, nor do you have to configure anything. Free.

If you ever want to organize your app icons on the iPad, then you will make your life so much*easier with this app.*

Veency

Veency allows iPad users to remotely control their iPad from a PC or Mac via a VNC client. Once you are connected to your iPad from your PC or Mac using the VNC client, you can do just about anything on the iPhone remotely which you can do when you have it in your hands except multitouch. The screen quality is degraded but functional. There is no icon for this, use the Settings app to configure. Free.

I have not used this much, but it is best to have it and not need it then to need it and no have it.

Final Thoughts

So aside from the location services issue (which was resolved after removing MakeitMine), I have not had any issues with my Jailbroken iPad. Most of the apps I use from Cydia, I believe that Apple should make these standard features for all iOS devices. I highly recommend Jailbreaking the Apple iPad.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's confirmed. I'm jail broke n less thn 2 weeks..lol works so far on 32gb wifi IPAD. I have cydia app on my home screen now. Did it tethered thru tilt2. Everything went fine and said cydia now on home screen, press ok. Then next thing I know it reboots to the black screen with apple icon, n a lil part of screen looks weird. I'm like oh lord..lmao but it goes to my unlock screen n I'm good. Will post if I notice anything not wrk in, I'm still tethered so dats good.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FullForce is anothet good Cydia app, but does not work on all applications correctly.

It does work well for 'Angry Birds' iPod Touch version (99c) at least.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the apps suggestions, IAmThereforeiPad. As a new iPad user (less than a month) and new jailbreaker (less than a day), I appreciate some suggestions for applications that appear to very useful.

OP
Timmah

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FullForce is anothet good Cydia app, but does not work on all applications correctly.

It does work well for 'Angry Birds' iPod Touch version (99c) at least.
There is an iPad version out

ncus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Caution if you are jailbreaked your iPad. My iPad was in infinity boot loop. I have to restore it from, I guess I will not jailbreak it again.

I wasn't sure what caused the infinity boot loop, all I did was showing up a photo to a friend and then i put the iPad. And then it went on infinity boot loop. :(

IAmThereforeiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried it on my 32G 3G with 3.2.1, Safari just exits immediately and causes the iPad to reboot instead of downloading and "installing" the jailbreak.

Sadness.

You ever get this going on the 3G version yet?

Most reactions

Latest posts