What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail broken IPad, 1st version

wka233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and I believe I will learn even more about my iPad thanks to your help!!

Could anyone give me an idea or answer as to where Cydia, etc could have disappeared to??
It and others were on my iPad until I updated & or synced with iTunes??

Also does anyone know of a Flash player I could install on my jail broken iPad??
Appreciate any help in resolving these issues!!
Thanks in advance!!

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, I would ask what firmware version you're on?

If you update through iTunes, it is going to unjailbreak your iPad, so you will need to jailbreak again after updating.

Skyfire is a pretty decent Flash player for the iPad, there's also one called Frash, but people have reported a number of problems with that one.

OP
W

wka233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help, and the firmware is 07.11.00
And I have Version 4.3( 8F190 )

Thanks again, but how can I tell if I need to Jailbreak again if I so choose to??

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean you can easily tell if your iPad is jailbroken or not just be seeing if you have Cydia, if you have Cydia you're jailbroken, if not, then you most likely aren't jailbroken, unless you specifically didn't install Cydia when you went to JB.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help, and the firmware is 07.11.00
And I have Version 4.3( 8F190 )

Thanks again, but how can I tell if I need to Jailbreak again if I so choose to??

It sounds like your jailbreak is well and truly messed up. Also, 4.3 is not a great version of iOS to be on. It is still tethered on iPad AFAIK.

I would recommend that you upgrade your iPad to 4.3.3 now. Once that is done, you can easily jailbreak it again in a few minutes using redsn0w. We have a great tutorial on how to do it here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

If contains links to all the threads and sites you need.

Once that is done you will be on the latest version of iOS with a stable untethered jailbreak and you can take it from there. You should easily be able to re-sync your apps, music, video, pics, etc back onto the fresh iPad from iTunes and hopefully your problems will be over!

OP
W

wka233

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help with my issues, will give that a try soon!!
Thanks again!!

Most reactions

Latest posts