What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Vs App Store

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is it I can see an app in iTunes, but don't see it in the App Store on my iPad 2 running the latest iOS? The app I'm talking about is LogMein, but I've seen this with other newly released apps also. Is the App Store populated after iTunes?

Thanks,

Bill

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's weird....
All apps should show up in the app store regardless of your iOS version. It just won't let you download if it is for a later version.
Give it some time. Maybe there is a delay.

I searched "logmein" and came up with Ignition by the company Log Me In.
So try searching for "Ignition".

Last edited:
OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for the free version of LogMein released today. Since it was just released, I suspect there is a delay in propagating apps into the App Store. I realize I can buy in iTunes and sync to the iPad, but I'm lazy and wanted to eliminate those steps. :eek:

OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it finally showed up in the App Store and I have it working on my iPad.

Happy Holidays Everybody!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I saw this with Skitch yesterday. My guess is that the main iTunes server(s) are different than the mobile ones, and it takes longer for the search database to update on the mobile servers; even though the app is there and available.

I could get to the app's page on my iPad, but only by clicking on the iTunes Store link on the developer's website in Safari. It would not show up in a search. Today, it does.

Most reactions

Latest posts