What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes stuck on last stage of sync "Waiting for items to copy"

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is on my iPad 2, Just upgraded to os5 and just synced. The last part of the sync is taking me 15-20 min longer. iTunes says "Waiting for items to copy". Anyone know why this is happening?. Other forums say that it is an os bug.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had this same problem when I tried syncing with my ipod touch. Prior to this sync direct to PC, I had done a wifi sync. So when I opened Itunes and unchecked the wifi sync-it had done the same thing. I waited for some time, than I ended up disconnecting the touch from PC without ejecting (which is probably not wise). Afterwards, I did it again, changed settings to manually manage songs and videos. I also deleted 2 audio recordings I did-and doing both seemed to allow the sync completion.
I am curious to see what others have to say as well.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I join you in this problem, and I'm hoping to figure something out, as I've had to cancel every sync at this point. I also can only now cancel the sync from the iPad itself now. I can't wifi sync either as my Mac mini has Leopard and not at least Snow Leopard, so I don't see why it doesn't just let me cancel the sync from my desktop as the wifi sync capability is not doable right now.

mercador

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I share the same problem, and as Wizee said, I also heard this is an OS bug. It's pretty annoying and hopefully they'll fix it soon.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got mine to stop though not 100% sure exactly what part of this worked. I found this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3410559 on the Apple forums, even though it's the Windows or something discussion section, but I tried what is listed, and at first it did not seem to do anything, but today, my waiting for items to copy problem is gone. If you read the link I posted, you'll see what it is-basically making a modification within the iPad categories within iTunes. The first one or two syncs produced the same waiting for items to copy deal, but then like the third time, it stopped and all I can conclude is that something recommended there is what did it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi zorah, that's similar to what I did, but it was my audio recordings that were hanging up. Seemed to work fine since. I have synced both devices since than and everything seems to working well!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there skimonkey! Glad it's worked out for both of us! And my iPhone 4S just arrived and it's being synced right now. I had no waiting for items to be copied issue with iPhone 4 and I decided to restore from backup since the iPhone 4 settings were fine. Any issues and I'll just reset and then set it up as new, but hopefully it will work fine. Well, the sync went fine, so I think I'm good to go!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad that your phone is ready to go! I think you have more experience than me when it comes to backp and restore!! That's wh I love this forum, because I learn so much from people like yourself! I still have m android phone, but have hopes to get an iPhone soon!!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a great forum! I learn a lot here too! I've done a restore before, but usually set up my iPhone as new when I get a new one. (I confess: I always get the latest iPhone, have since iPhone's launch day)And while I originally set up my iPhone 4S as a restore from the backup of my iPhone 4, I changed my mind, reset the 4S to factory and decided to set it up as a new iPhone because it then dawned on me with the new chip and Siri in the 4S, the 4S is different from the 4 that way, so I better just go with it as a new phone and just hope I don't get the waiting for items to be copied mess. It went just fine, no dreaded waiting for copies hangup! And as iTunes has all my apps and contacts, music, that all went right back in there just like always. I just have to re-do my categories, re-set my sound preference, but that's minor stuff, so it's looking good to go!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts