What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes registration

yossyjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is It right that iTunes Will charge my credit card account for 1$ on registrations process? Tks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. You will only get charged if you buy something from the App Store, or iTunes, that costs money. That one dollar charge is a rumor and myth.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple kind-of charges you the one dollar, though they don't really charge it. Has something to do with checking availability of funds. I don't know exactly how it works. It is not uncommon for your bank to show this as a $1 charge, followed hours, or (rarely) a couple of days latter, with a refund.

This is how Apple makes sure you've given them valid and active credit card information.

You will not actually pay them anything for registration.

Last edited:

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Companies do this to check details and for simple credit checks.
If your info is wrong then apple can't charge your account so you get an error message.
I found this out by getting my UK county wrong.....my council is North Lincolnshire, but my true postal address is South Humberside ???
Mobile phone companies make a charge to a credit card as a simple credit check.
You always get your money back

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's similar to PayPal setup. They charge a few cents then they refund it to verify

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not being charged. It's a PRE authorization that drops off after several days to verify your account.

Most reactions