What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes purchases for my IPads

darkcyber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I make purchased via ITunes, it downloads those things to my computer hard drive...correct? i.e. movies, music, games, apps...etc. Once those are on my hard drive, I need to back that up somewhere to keep it in case of a hd failure or can I re-download it from ITunes again after I have made the original purchase?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
your downloaded files are here:
C:\Users\<username>\My Music\iTunes

or

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Music

you may back them up, as you wish.

OP
D

darkcyber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
your downloaded files are here:
C:\Users\<username>\My Music\iTunes

or

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Music

you may back them up, as you wish.

Actually, mine are located on my D: partition, I only have a 64 GB SSD OS hard drive and didn't have the space to burn for all those files.

I guess my main question is are my purchases (downloads) still accessible from ITunes if something were to happen to my hd where they are stored? Or once I make a purchase then I have to maintain a copy to keep that app, video, music...etc.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to back up the whole itunes library. in itunes go to file>library>back up entire contents

OP
D

darkcyber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to back up the whole itunes library. in itunes go to file>library>back up entire contents

I am making a backup now, but wondered if something happens to them on my hard drive, then they are just lost? i.e. not re-downloadable from Apple (ITunes)?

Thanks!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
redownloadable from itunes. no need to pay again, as long as you are using the same apple id.

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
redownloadable from itunes. no need to pay again, as long as you are using the same apple id.

For apps, yes.
Just hit the "buy now" button, and if that account has already purchased that app, you will get a message that you already own it and you will only be redownloading it.

For music, I heard that you have to buy it again, and that they don't allow redownloads. :/

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bcd up your main hard drive at least weekly and or after you make any large purchases from iTunes that way you are protected. Hard drives on computers fail without notice.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. My question is how do you transfer your music you purchased from itunes on your ipad onto your pc?

Most reactions

Latest posts