What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies purchased on ipad not in itunes

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased a few movies from my iPad2, but they are not showing up in iTunes on my home PC. I have automatic downloads set in the preferences and when I go to the store and choose account I can see I have 81 downloads available for iTunes , but when I press download now nothing happens. What should I try next.

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So were you trying to download them to your PC first of all rather than downloading them directly to the iPad? I wonder why you wanted to do it that way? I always download movies directly to my iPad and keep my PC out of the equation.

Tim

OP
lesfield

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded it to my iPad first and started to watch it but decided it would be better to watch it on my Apple TV. I wanted to download it On iTunes so my kids could play with my iPad whilst I watched the film.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to download a movie a second time like this? I didn't think that was possible? But - as usual - I'm probably/almost certainly wrong.:(

Tim

OP
lesfield

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music, apps and books all download to iTunes when originally purchased on iPad but not movies.
Maybe until it's fixed in iTunes it's best to purchase on iTunes and copy to iPad.

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Automatic downloads set in preferences only works for music, apps and ibooks (only apps and ibooks in the UK).

Found this: iTunes Store: Viewing and downloading HD content on iPad

Movies rented on iPad cannot be transferred to other devices and can only be viewed on iPad.

So thats one disadvantage, Tim, of renting directly on the ipad. You need to really get over your fear of itunes ;)

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - and I am glad that we can kiss goodbye to iTunes synchronisation with iOS5. It must have been that Christmas card I sent to Steve that persuaded him...:D

Tim

OP
lesfield

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not rent them, I paid £32 for them!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Ok, not sure about paid for videos, have you tried syncing purchases once the ipad is connected to your pc?

OP
lesfield

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the account settings it says I have 81 purchases ready to download, but when I click on download nothing happens.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Not sure what you mean about account settings and purchases to download.

As I said have you tried the transfer purchases option? (right click on your ipad under devices in itunes).

Most reactions

Latest posts