What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes podcast and iPad

Lutabell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to download my iTune podcasts to an iPad. I keep getting an "unknown error OxE800003D" No one knows what that means. Took my iPad into Best Buy, an Apple store, and young man worked on iPad with me, wrote instructions down, and it still won't transfer. What is this error message and what does it mean. I am ready to throw this iPad in the garbage...after I smash it to pieces! I hate the damn thing already! Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the same error occur with all podcasts? Try downloading one you haven't tried before just to see if it will download.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What podcast app are you using in the iPad? Podcasts no longer play in iTunes (now Music) on the iPad.

Appleā€™s podcast app is called Podcasts (of course). There are several others.

If you are using Appleā€™s podcast app, how are you trying to download them. In the podcast app, or through the computer?

OP
L

Lutabell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the error message before I can do anything and I can't continue. I am really sick of this after spending 30 minutes with an "expert" at Best Buy today. No one knows what the error message "unknown error OxE80002D" means. I am getting really angry at Apple for not knowing their stuff.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Iā€™m sorry, but I still donā€™t know what it is you are trying to do when you get the error code; from a computer, from the Podcast app, or whatever.

All said, Iā€™m not an expert, so I probably wonā€™t be able to help either, but I need a detailed explanation of the steps you are taking on what device and using what app(s). There a several ways you could be attempting to download podcasts, and until I know what method you are using, I canā€™t even guess what might be going wrong.

I donā€™t know, or particularly care about what most error messages mean. Much of the time the explanatory text (if you can find it) is obscure, meaningless to anyone who didnā€™t write it. I care about what you are doing, so that I can guess at the things the can go wrong. Often the fix has nothing to do with the error message anyway. It usually just ā€˜do this insteadā€™.

Most of the time, I donā€™t even try to download podcasts outside the app Iā€™m going to use to listen to them. Even when switching apps, I usually configure the new app to subscribe to the podcast or download the episodes from the source again. The only time Iā€™d try to copy a podcast from one app/device to another is if it was no longer available online.

OP
L

Lutabell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this well. I am trying to move my iTunes podcasts from my PC to my iPad. On my PC I am getting the error message OxE80002D and I can't do anything at all. No one seems to know what that message is. I hate this iPad, rue the day I bought it and would love to smash it to pieces. No one at Apple or Best Buy knows haw to fix it either. Isn't that lovely? I haven't even finished paying off the iPad. Of course there are NO instructions on how to use an iPad. I am very frustrated with all of this and am too old to put up with it. Several hundred dollars for crap. IMO.

OP
L

Lutabell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't a clue. There is no where to "check" a podcast I want downloaded. Thanx for the Manuals page. Maybe they'll have a clue.

Valerie

OP
L

Lutabell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did something and got my iTune, but still no Podcasts. Can we download YouTube on a iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You canā€™t download YouTube videos unless you have a YouTube Premium subscription.
As to finding your podcasts, use the search function in the iTunes app on your iPad. Enter the name of the podcast and see if it shows up. If it does you can download any or all of the episodes at no cost.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
NO! don`t abuse a defenseless iPad! I`ve declared mine as my "baby". so that hurt! Yes, you can download YouTube on an iPad (I have it). The error code in question is on your PC,Is it a Windows PC? Then it is a Microsoft issue.IMHO. What model iPad is it? There is a podcast app, with it`s own icon already on your iPad, you can access your content there. If your PC is running Windows 10, it may be a problem. Win 10 and iOS don`t play well together. I have been trying to get icloud for Windows to upload on my stupid HP notebook, which WILL NOT verify the installation package! Yes, I talked one on one with a stubborn, and awesome higher tier Apple tech(for about 3 hours, and giving her remote access). We concluded it was a MS issue. MS has no customer support, so I just use the web version, and stick with my well loved Win8.1 desktop. I also found this, maybe it`ll help.. SOLVED: Error 0xe8000003 on iTunes when connecting iPod/iPad/iPhone - Appuals.com

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You canā€™t download YouTube videos unless you have a YouTube Premium subscription.
As to finding your podcasts, use the search function in the iTunes app on your iPad. Enter the name of the podcast and see if it shows up. If it does you can download any or all of the episodes at no cost.

Rather than use the iTunes Store to search for and add podcasts, itā€™s better to use the Apple Podcast app, or some other podcast app. I like Overcast. Search for and subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app you choose. Almost all of them access the same iTunes library of podcasts, plus the ability to subscribe to podcasts outside the iTunes library.

Those, and many other podcast apps are available on the App Store. Some have computer (Windows or MacOS) companions apps that will remain synced across devices. The two Iā€™ve mentioned only sync between iOS devices, though Overcast does have a simple webpage player if you create an account.

ā€ŽApple Podcasts
ā€ŽOvercast

Also, many of the podcasts have import and export options for when you decide to change apps. They donā€™t copy actual podcasts, but rather your subscription list.

Not many people still use iTunes on a computer to sync content. I once used iTunes extensively, and knew it inside out. Itā€™s been several years since then, and I no longer have iTunes installed on a computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts