What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes sync killed my podcast downloaded files...

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this so picked here. I downloaded quite a few podcasts recently on my iPad3 running 5.1.1, through iTunes and planned on watching them over the next few days. Well I synced with my computer (connected 30 pin to USB) to move over some video and music faster than through wifi and iTunes (10.7.0.21) took ALL my recently downloaded podcasts off my iPad :eek: and did not put them on the computer - just gone!

It wouldn't bother me so much, but I spent a lot of time flipping pages on a random hunt for new items I knew nothing about and found quite a few. I have no idea what they are now though - who knew I would have to write them down and re-download after doing a search? I even watched one this morning on the iPad.

Oh well, I know now not to download to the iPad, but to find them on the computer (harder to do) and download then drag them to the device. Truly a poor design. Oh, I'm sorry, it is a feature (that I don't need to use) :(

Most reactions

Latest posts