What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes - no sound

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to Itunes and IPAD and wonder if someone can help me with an Itunes question.

I tried to put one of my CDs into my library fo the first time. The song titles appeared etc., but there was no sound on any of the songs. Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Kazza

OP
kazzawazza

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I saved a CD in ITunes and after I synced Itunes with my IPad there was no sound when playing the CD. I therefore took the CD off my IPad and put it on ITunes again. This time I pressed the play button in ITunes and again no sound. The CD plays fine on a CD player. Any ideas why this happened.
Kazza

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, that is weird. Is it only that CD, or do other CDs fail to play in iTunes as well?

Also, or you playing the CD directly, or are you importing it and playing it? If you are importing first, check your CD import settings under iTunes Preferences (see attachment). Unless you have reason to pick other settings, the ones listed should work very well for songs you intend to sync with the iPad.

Attachments

• iTunesCDPref.jpg
    iTunesCDPref.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 374
OP
kazzawazza

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

At the moment it is just that CD. It was the first time I used ITunes. Is there a way of just syncing one CD only to your IPad or do I have to sync the whole Lot again - photos, videos and apps (it took forever to copy over last time).

Thanks.

kazza

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you look at the sync settings for music you'll see all kinds of options for syncing. Change what does and does not sync there. It should not affect any other sync options.

If you are currently syncing all your music, then adding or deleting music from the iTunes library will only change what you changed. If you are syncing selected albums, artists, whatever, only the changes you make in the settings will be synced.

OP
kazzawazza

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have deleted the CD from Itunes with no sound. Tonite I tried to import two different CDs to Itunes and again, when I clicked on each of the songs, no sound (Itunes did however show how many minutes each of the songs were once imported). I again deleted the CDs from Itunes as no point in syncing to IPAD. I put each of the CDs in the CD drive and each one played. I also tested other CDs that are already in Itunes and they play fine.

Any more ideas where I am going wrong?

Kazza

Most reactions

Latest posts