What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All songs from PC itunes dont sync to Ipad

singaporesling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - when I sync my ipad with pc only a handful (~200 out of 1200) of songs on my itunes on my pc sync to my ipad...I have tried an automatic sync and manual drag and drop as well.... but unable to transfer songs to my ipad. When I try and drag-n-drop, I see the "cannot/donot/stop" icon and I cannot drop my song in the ipad.....fyi, almost all songs were downloaded from cds and are mp3s....

Any ideas on how to fix this...third party software etc..

Thanks very much in advance!!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DO NOT SYNC !!!
Why not simply copy them from you PC directory, Through iTune --> into your devid=ce.
Then delete them completely from your iTune.
Your backup is the Directory on your PC.

And cancel immediately the Automatic Sync. It is the most dangerous Virus on Apple iTunes

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DO NOT SYNC !!!

And cancel immediately the Automatic Sync. It is the most dangerous Virus on Apple iTunes

That is peculiar because I have been thinking for a while should I switch off the automatic sync. My reasoning is that it takes away my control of what is happening. However your indication that it is "dangerous" has suprised me. I happily bow to your better knowledge of all things Apple, but why is it "dangerous" exactly?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grandad said:
That is peculiar because I have been thinking for a while should I switch off the automatic sync. My reasoning is that it takes away my control of what is happening. However your indication that it is "dangerous" has suprised me. I happily bow to your better knowledge of all things Apple, but why is it "dangerous" exactly?

There are many whom hate iTunes and that is fine saying that it is dangerous means for what ever reason that person has major problems
The main reason is it is overloaded with Apps and has become more difficult to find songs and apps. Frankly i do not agree that it is dangerous or really a big pain as i have had not one single problem syncing any of 5 devices I own and they are all on Automatic. It is a know fact that iTunes on a pc' however is not as friendly on a PC as on a Mac however considering the millions whom have pc's and use iTunes the complaint list is small.

To best assist you please advise what version windows 7 you are running and what version iTunes,
Also how many play lists you have.

It may be you have not set up iTunes to sync correctly and have not synced all the play lists you need.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DO NOT SYNC !!!

........, but why is it "dangerous" exactly?

Just take a look around this forum, and see how many times, people lost all they had on the iPAD, after syncing by mistake to some empty folder on the iTune.

If you have books on the iPAD, and you or someone else deleted all books from the iTune, and you sync. Guess what - It'll wipe out all your books on the iPAD.

The purpose of iTune is to protect Apple - Not you.
There is no practical need for iTune, it is just Apples way of controlling you.

OP
S

singaporesling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks all - so how do I copy directly from the pc hardrive to my ipad? i would appreciate anything you can outline...

and to answer the second question: I have windows xp and tunes 9.5 - the reason I have 9.5 is because when I "upgrade" to the latest version I lose all wifi connectivity on my airport extreme immediately...Apple support actually asked to downgrade and stay at 9.5 after an upgrade a couple of years or so ago lost me all wifi connectivity..

Thanks again guys!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks all - so how do I copy directly from the pc hardrive to my ipad? i would appreciate anything you can outline...

You can use iTune.
Copy files from PC to iTune
Then copy from iTune to the iPAD device.
Once you have it on the device, you may delete the files from iTune.
Remember to un-check the SYNC Device in iTune. You may leave only the sync Applications.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Grandad said:
There are many whom hate iTunes and that is fine saying that it is dangerous means for what ever reason that person has major problems
The main reason is it is overloaded with Apps and has become more difficult to find songs and apps. Frankly i do not agree that it is dangerous or really a big pain as i have had not one single problem syncing any of 5 devices I own and they are all on Automatic. It is a know fact that iTunes on a pc' however is not as friendly on a PC as on a Mac however considering the millions whom have pc's and use iTunes the complaint list is small.

Thanks for your reply Col. Very much appreciated
I did not mean to court any controversy, God forefend!! :eek:
I have no issues with iTunes at all (except once...when I had to do a full restore on my beloved iPad because an Elton John track I was trying to synch, cocked everything up!)
No.... my beef is that I want to synch, when I want to, and what I want to. In five months I have had no problems whatsoever with the auto sync (‘cept that once) and I expect I will eventually see that auto synch is the way to go, but for now I will give it a go on my own...................watch this space.:)

OP
S

singaporesling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peled - so how do I transfer songs from pc to itunes and from itunes to the ipad - what are the mechanics? thanks much!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peled - so how do I transfer songs from pc to itunes and from itunes to the ipad - what are the mechanics? thanks much!

If you do sync Music on the iTunes, then you may move songs back an forth between iPAD and your iTunes.
But in that case you must keep all your songs on the iTune.
In that case you may have one copy of the songs on your PC , and 2 more on the iTunes folder
(iTunes is making a dabble copy of each song). Reason is, that you may buy songs either trough the iPad or through iTunes on your PC, and iTunes needs to move them both ways.

But if you prefer MY way of moving songs here is how I do it.

To copy into iPAD you can use the iTunes, by dragging a song to iTunes , and from there into the iPAD.
Once the song is in your iPAD, you may delete it from iTunes, saving space.

To copy files from iPAD to your PC you need an external program, since iTunes with a clean Music section, will delete all your iPAD songs upon Syncing .

There are a lot of PC and MAC programs doing it.

I use a program named iMAcsoft.
You simply select a song and drag it into your PC.
It is working both ways.
In order for it to work, you need to turn off iTunes.

Most reactions