What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not syncing

Cathead26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought 2 CDs and put them onto my iTunes. I plugged in my ipod and it synced and the songs are on there no problem. I plugged my ipad 2 in, it underwent the 8 stages it usually goes through, but the songs aren't on there. Never had any problems like this before. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently bought 2 CDs and put them onto my iTunes. I plugged in my ipod and it synced and the songs are on there no problem. I plugged my ipad 2 in, it underwent the 8 stages it usually goes through, but the songs aren't on there. Never had any problems like this before. Any suggestions?

You may not have the iPad/iTunes set to allow for automatic syncing of songs. With the iPad connected, go to the Music tab across the top of iTunes. There should be a box to sync some or all of your songs. Check the appropriate box and then press the Apply button at the bottom right of the window. Your songs should then sync.

Hopefully, that'll do it. Holler back if you need more.

Marilyn

OP
C

Cathead26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may not have the iPad/iTunes set to allow for automatic syncing of songs. With the iPad connected, go to the Music tab across the top of iTunes. There should be a box to sync some or all of your songs. Check the appropriate box and then press the Apply button at the bottom right of the window. Your songs should then sync.

Hopefully, that'll do it. Holler back if you need more.

Marilyn

Hi, I've done what you've suggested and still nothing. Usually at the top of iTunes it says transferring/copying whatever song, but this isn't happening. I've also noticed the actual music on my ipad is skipping a lot of songs like it can't find them. Although they are all working fine on my laptop and ipod.

OP
C

Cathead26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg

I wonder if this photo will help. When my ipad is connected and I click on the 'on this ipad' tab, this is what some of the songs are showing.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had this same problem back over the summer with iOS 7 beta. I'm not sure if it's an iTunes issue or an iOS issue because it happens sporadically and actually just happened last week as well. Try unplugging your device and perform a hard reset on the device, them sync those songs with the little perforated circles next to them over again. If not, you'll have to clear out all the music on your device to recache the library cache on your computer, then sync your songs over from scratch again

Also install the latest iTunes update. I haven't myself but it may have resolved the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go into the Music section of your iPad in iTunes (not the iTunes library) while it's plugged in, select all your songs, and delete. Then sync them over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

OP
C

Cathead26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad won't actually take music off either :/
Thinking I'll have to do a factory reset or erase all content from the ipad itself.

OP
C

Cathead26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further update: the reset seemed to work, everything I want is on there and I haven't lost anything.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts