What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Match!

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question.... I don't have a laptop at the moment "waiting on the new MacBook pro line" but anyways I wanted to know if I would be able to use my friends computer and log into my iTunes account to activate iTunes match, I also have an external hard drive with a bunch of music.... If I drag all that music to iTunes and pay for the iTunes match would I be able to get all my songs? And after when I do get new laptop would I be able to just log into my account on a new computer?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you activate iTunes match on your friends computer, he will not be able to activate iTunes match with his own account for several months.

OP
Daylife

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
if you activate iTunes match on your friends computer, he will not be able to activate iTunes match with his own account for several months.

Do you know how many months? He doesn't plan on getting iTunes match so that shouldn't be a problem. But when I get my computer will it interfere with anything since I used another computer to activate it?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you can deactivate the computer from your iTunes Match account once your done but it won't be able to be activated with a different account for 90 days.

OP
Daylife

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
you can deactivate the computer from your iTunes Match account once your done but it won't be able to be activated with a different account for 90 days.

Ah ok perfect....thank you!

OP
Daylife

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:

Wait so if I deactivate my iTunes account from my friends computer he won't be able to log in to his apple ID for 90days or just iTunes match?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ummm,

Doesn't iTunes Match generate the list of all its songs from the iTunes library?

If you activated iTunes Match using your friends computer I'm pretty sure it is going to try and Match his library, not yours. If it works at all, that is.

OP
Daylife

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ummm,

Doesn't iTunes Match generate the list of all its songs from the iTunes library?

If you activated iTunes Match using your friends computer I'm pretty sure it is going to try and Match his library, not yours. If it works at all, that is.

It worked, but it did take his songs also. When I was done I just signed off my iTunes account and all his songs were still there, and I deactivated my account from his iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts