What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes glitch

Kuhlade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help somebody! I had a crash and did a hard restart on my iPad2 (home+sleep 10sec) and it worked and started up fine. Then I went into my App Store icon and it took me to a page with updates. I pressed 'update now' and got a window asking for my password, fine but it had my Apple ID listed incorrectly, anothe persons ID altogether, totally unfamiliar. Closed out, shut down and went back in, same thing again. My App Store icon keeps taking me to this update page and asking for a password with that same bogus ID listed. Anybody ever hear of this? It seems I now have no access to iTunes.:mad: Mamamia!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
That apple ID is the one that was used to purchase that app. Only the person who purchased the app can download the update by entering their password.

If you let anyone use your iPad and they purchased and app with their account or downloaded an app with their account, you will be able to use the app but cannot download updated versions without them entering their password again.

Also if you illegally downloaded/installed a paid app for free it will do the same.

You can either ignore the update , have the person who paid for the app enter their password to update it, or you can delete the app and purchase the app under your apple ID.

Last edited:
OP
Kuhlade

Kuhlade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh thank you so much Mike! Yes, my bad, knowing that, I found that the crazy ID was my grandsons!!! Ahhh, so much to learn, being used to a PC, my first reaction is a glitch! All legal here, just without my knowledge, thanks again for the response.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yep, I like to use this to give friends or family an app I have on what I call a "Trial Basis".

Example, I purchased the Navigon app that was like $60. If I want to recommend it to a friend or family member I can download it to their device for free and tell them they are free to use it as long as they want, However when ever there is a new update for the app it will keep prompting them for my password. At that point they can ignore the update and continue using the older version or if they like the app enough they can delete the app and purchase it themself.

Most reactions

Latest posts