What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with Apple ID/AOL password

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried renting a movie last night from itunes. This is my second ipad. I had to return the first one as it was defective. My itunes account on my PC uses my AOL address. My Apple ID password and AOL password are different. My first ipad asked for my Apple ID and I would enter that password for it to allow downloading apps, ect. This ipad asks for my Apple ID and when I enter it it says I entered the wrong itunes store password. After several attempts I finally tried my AOL password and it worked. I no longer want to use AOL. How do I configure the ipad so that when it asks for my Apple ID I do not have to enter my AOL password? Thank you

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone??? I just want to be able to use my Apple ID to sign in....it can't be that hard...thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apparently at some point you created an Apple iTunes account using your AOL ID. This is possible. You also later created and used an iTunes account using your Apple ID. There is no way to merge these accounts. Apple does no offer one, nor will their tech support (last time I heard) do it for you. So stuff purchased with one account will always need that account to update or play DRM content.

From now on always use your Apple ID to buy new stuff, if that is the account you want to use. You will simply have to keep track of your AOL ID stuff and remember to use that password and login when dealing with it.

Or short and painful, there isn't anything you can do about it at this time.

And before you get your hopes up about iOS 5 and iCloud, Apple has already stated that you will not be able to merge accounts into one iCloud account.

Bit of a disappointment for me too. I've got two accounts (by accident long ago) and would love to get my older DRM music moved to my current account.

Most reactions

Latest posts